Float

Float

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Monday

New York, 11.16 am.

I'm in my friend Conor Jone's apartment.
What is it like? Imagine an upper-class apartment in upper-west side Manhattan containing an art collection and rock instruments, a classy kitchen and some empty bottles of beer lying around.
This isn't the purpose of the post. But truthfully there are no dead-set posts I must make (especially not while I'm this hungry right now and Conor is still sleeping so we can't go for lunch).

I reiterate that posting while 'conditions' are not right is always uncomfortable for me, but some discipline in writing is necessary. I've already lost some of the thoughts I had and wanted to make sure I got down. I guess this is a post about the end of a quarter.

New York, 12.28 pm.

OK so the truth is I procrastinated and went to do emails, surfed the web and maybe played some civ :x. Now I'm realllyy hungry so I'll probably post later.

#84 Sunlight
Not looking at the harsh noon sky, but the streams that hit pillars and walls and stream into your windows in the morning and evening... the shadows they project and the dust that drifts around following Brownian motion is just beautiful.

New York, 4.34 pm.

Dramatic effect time stamps. I went for lunch without Conor because... well he just woke up 45 mins ago. His family cat Lily warmed up to me really quickly and has started taking refuge in my room indefinitely. His current throne is all over my clothes; which is to say there is fur all over my clothes. I wanted to write something because a day before leaving Chicago I had  a conversation with Agneska. Shoot I just remembered I didn't do my CTECs. I just remembered they were on my sticky notes before my computer died.

OK. So it is obviously weird to pretend like the people in my life I sometimes write about don't read my blog when they do. So I don't pretend. In fact it's not a big deal to me because I don't mind sharing anything with almost anyone, it's just uncomfortable to see their reactions - be it overly patronizing or just plain not caring. I'm actually a much slower thinker than I look on caffeine; I can speak off the cuff just fine but I always find a better answer later which annoys me. So writing is a better medium to achieve greater clarity. But that's a lie too because I don't proofread my posts that thoroughly. Also, I hate it that in English, you can't start the sentence with 'but'. Let me tell you many an essay of mine have been stuck because I refused to start a sentence with 'however' 500 times since I constantly contradict and challenge my own thinking/writing.

Major digressions tend to indicate a large chunk of thoughts that I'm reluctant to start typing until I know I have time and emotional energy (ew) to type. They're also how Yan Mei and Ying Yue type. With whimsical distractions in rational tones. Alright, Conor's ready to go. And I doubt I'll be sober on the way back.

No comments: