Float

Float

Saturday 7 April 2012

Influence of Independents

Nothing political here.

Lately my thinking has been shaped by atheists who shall not be named. It has definitely made my thinking much more independent. I cannot tell if that's a good thing.

Fundamentally, I believe in universal truths plus rational morality. I dislike the sort of modern thinking of 'to each his own'. You mean its OK for someone else to do this but not the other guy? Why is that so? How can that be so? If there is any logic in your behaviour then rationally speaking it should apply to someone else? Granted this person was apparently 'brought up differently'. Yes our behaviour should change in different environments but no it should not be different between people in the same situation, because only of them can be logically coherent.

Of course, it has made me a self-intuitive, self-righteous bastard. Indeed, my friends are scarce. Well screw it. Do not call someone arrogant if you cannot get your thinking straight and he has, albeit with pride. Humility is good because it leaves one available to a change in thinking and is socially acceptable and easier to convince others of your lifestyle given a more amiable front. If he has constantly questioned his own beliefs and way of life and has justification for his character why do you condemn his conviction in it?

Perhaps my natural way of speaking has always been to sound like a snobbish high-philosophy prick.

Jeremy told me something that was obvious but didn't occur to me yesterday 'not everyone thinks like you'. Well if you want the ultra-elitist response its because everyone else are clearly not as smart. If you want the diplomatic response I have clearly wronged and I should not object to other people's way of living nor impose my own at all. Of course, this has always been quoted by the hedonists, liberals and hippies. Whom ironically impose this way of thinking on others. Indeed, freedom for all remains elusive because clearly freedom of an individual will surely clash with another. Hence the need for a higher authority dictating the ground rules. In this respect, has the Holy See or the secular government done better?

Damn it, became political in the end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: