Float

Float

Monday 2 December 2013

Notes


Follow
Losing steam, while i was ahead
Which track was i meant for?
Someone gave me a map
But i had no compass

Veered left and veered right,
Followed the winds then dug my own tunnels. 
I want to be like him, and him and him.

No, be yourself they told me.
Tell that to a crook, a villain
Is wrong inherent? Or wait like wine, sweeter with age?

Under the oak
I sat and pondered
Silent i soaked
time i squandered

Under the ash 
I dreamed and wondered
Thought i was rash
Really a coward

Was afraid of choosing and losing
Was afraid of commitment to something i couldnt see the end to

Nagging in my head
Procrastinate and hate
Lying on my bed 


The cold bites again
And again and again
Left it to my will
Like a child succumbed

Realized now, forgetting later
Wrong
Knowing but uncontrolling
Left nothing but distaste

Bitter and lingering
Was it the sickness or the medicine?
Which is better - to live or to enjoy a wasted living

Sought refuge in crevices
Fooled only myself
Shadows don't disappear in the dark
They engulf wholly instead

Get out of my head
Never ending feelings against thoughts

No comments: