Float

Float

Saturday 21 May 2016

几岁了?

I was asked this by Derrick in the frat, jokingly of course. But I guess we all know jokes are meant just a little how we might instinctively feel, be it prejudiced or not.

Somethings come with age, but people deceive themselves into thinking that everybody follows their path in maturity, another loaded term. There are as many paths as there are many people. And while I won't call you childish, or immature for believing that there is such a thing as maturity or not, or that you should necessarily stop watching cartoons and playing video games past a certain age.

Ok that was way over dramatic, as he might rightly point out. It was just a jest after all...
I guess in your smugness you've failed to see I don't necessarily need to compare myself to everyone around me to 'see how I'm doing in the maturity scale'. You just do your own thing, and be at peace with yourself at last.

No comments: