Float

Float

Monday 30 May 2016

Aware

Original title of post: The inevitable darkness
Why do I give 'mean' people a chance?
Because it is not easy. I cannot say this with any authority for I'm no mind reader but I know what's in my own head.
This is why I think people are foolish when they say they wished people, or themselves, were more like Andrei. I do not think these people understand the kind of unhappiness this entails. Andrei is unhappy because he can see his honest flaws and limitations after chasing lofty ideals for himself and sometimes others. And it takes simple courage and wisdom to accept the human condition per se. These are the people who know, who say its OK that you were mean or said something wrong. These are the people who laughs cynically at the people who believe themselves saints but also admire their optimism. These are the people who are frustrated when others judge others for not meeting expectations, who are constantly aware of their own inner darkness. But no, while this darkness sometimes leads to despair, it is also something human in that optimism, that starts with awareness.

~

Aware
It is walking into Allison
And being able to tune
In and out

Of the ambient noises

To hear yourself think
And think clearly

Smiling wistfully
In galling satisfaction

Then checking yourself
Remembering that you
Are like each
And everyone




No comments: