Float

Float

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Two posts one stone

Dug this up from my iPhone. A bit off-timing haha... I guess I didn't want to post it before because... yeah I shy la huh. haha

Never and Maybe
Never and maybe
We'll be together
Someday in the midday
Shady and cool weather

When the dusts settles
And the sober stretch
After all our battles
Still journeys await

This time more calmly
This time I'll walk slower
And I'll meet you in the park
On the bench by the raintree

Someday in the summer
We'll see each other
Tired but wiser
In loving company.

I always believed that people would eventually find that their other half would just be the familiar face of a best friend, after all the whirlwind relationships with others. And that this love was simple yet deeply profound. Maybe its settling or maybe its just realizing both the pragmatism and graceful romance that it brings.

The point was never to be perfect, but to make up for each other's flaws. Sounds like a movie quote.

If she's reading, pinch of salt please.

No comments: