Float

Float

Sunday 7 September 2014

Coming

Does anyone ever notice the tiny icon next to the title of this web browser? (top left!)

My iPod semi-crashed
My iPhone crashed
My iPod nano doesn't work
My MacBook Pro crashed

Eesh.

My course is over. Soon, I'll be headed... overseas. Then, ORD. Then what.
Transition is the word. To describe National Service for most.

There is nothing wrong, at all, with being alone. Though it should be kept in balance. That itch, where you ask yourself why aren't you outside with friends 'like the rest of them', it's usually overstating the reality. The truth is, there's plenty of perfectly normal people by themselves right now, and you can accept that and just be happy. Be happy to have time to yourself to read a book, or watch a movie, or listen to music, or blog. In an age of instant connectivity, it can seem like lost opportunity that you aren't text-ing your old friend right now, or prowling facebook/twitter etc. but perhaps it's all perspective. Who is to say that really, we need to be on the social web 24/7? Perhaps, one feels like they'd be judged, when others share their weekend experience filled with funtastic outings, scuba diving lessons, clubbing, etc. but really, when other people say they just spent the weekend alone (or don't share anything at all), do you really care? Do you immediately judge and say "wow this person needs to go out more." And if you do, it's time for a bit of soul searching eh? And if you don't, well hey that's precisely the point; ironically, people just don't really care how you live your life right? You're not the center of the universe. When you're sitting alone at a hawker center or cafe, you could very well just be background to others, just a passerby. Nobody's really looking at you and going "wow this person must be really lonely", especially not strangers. That'd be pretty screwed up of them wouldn't you say?

Wow. That paragraph went on a little longer than I envisioned. I talk a lot. Inside my head. Or maybe, I'm just more outspoken about it.

#94 tumblrs
I always check back, maybe once a week or so. It's really strange, I'm no longer close/in contact with the people whose blogs I'm still visiting, yet I can feel a connection to what they post... it's surreal. A theatre group once did an act whereby members of the audience were given 15 minutes with the actors or actresses, completely private conversations. In some cases, the hugged or gave light kisses, and the point of the show was to show, how between complete strangers, there can be real intimacy in a few minutes. I love it because I do believe in the maxim, strangers are just friends you haven't met yet. I have once again, digressed.
keepingcomposure.tumblr.com
potentpoison.tumblr.com
visualsecrets.tumblr.com

1 comment:

Jaren Lim 健全 said...

I see my URL!! :) anw have you decided which uni/course you'll be going for?