Float

Float

Tuesday 9 February 2010

Middle child syndrome

My younger brother is 7 years younger than me, so does that make me eligible for middle child syndrome? Anyway... to people saying I'm rich cause my father's got a BMW and I've got a pretty bigass house... Number 1, the BMW is owned by the state, the bank, not my father. Number 2, my family is considered middle income. Number 3, I have 2 siblings. I'm not complaining though, I'm just pointing out the flaws in your assumption =P. So how does number 3 relate?

Well if you take a look at China and her one child policy... You'll see that kids there are generally richer and pampered than large families. The point is, having two brothers, my parents have to split the expenses on each of us instead of concentrating on just one. Once again I reinstate I'm not complaining. In fact I think its good this way, you actually learn to be tolerant, to share and how to cut expenses. For example, I don't buy most of my stuff, my shirts and pants get passed down from my elder brother. You'll also notice the games I have aren't exactly new or legit =X. In fact the only time I spend money on gaming is when my parents ask me to pick a game for a birthday/christmas gift or a reward for doing well academically. Its called restraint. The only downside is I know very little about shopping.

My friends though, can't see that. They'd rather think I'm cheap than clever. It's true these practices are a bit miserly. However, you'll notice that the money spent on Crumplers and Ipods have been used to get a much bigger house than yours so SUCK IT BITCH lol. Yes X I know you have a rich uncle. Sharing is a big part of my life. Whenever my parents ask me to choose a game, I consult my elder brother too. I also have to exert a lot of tolerance regarding my younger brother. I have to accept the fact that I cannot deny him games that are collectively for the family and so if he just so happens to erase my 92% completion save file for Transfomers Wii, scratch and consequently spoil the Jet Set Radio Future disk or more recently, to create a profile for Bookworm which I accidently used and get a hiscore, making the nice clean list of 'lootfoots' defunc, so be it. The last one actually made me post. These things are so fucking irritating.

Of course, it also means I'm not lonely. Though I plead for solitude, I think I'd rather my brother 骚扰我, than be lonely with only technology and MSN to consule me (sounds familiar? cough Rcough Icough Fcough DcoughI). The actual problem is that the age gap is too wide. So his education, street lingo & maturity is way behind. It is this fact that I cannot relate to him as much as my elder brother, although I can't shake the fact that he probably thinks I'm annoying too haha. I've got to write this down so I can make sure my children are more evenly spaced =X.

Two posts in one day is nothing special. The picture should look familiar to Victorians.

No comments: