Float

Float

Friday 9 April 2010

It's complicated part 2

There is always a line. Its this line that prevents me from conformity. Its this line that makes all the difference.

I never want to cross it, I'm not afraid, its me. People often say you can't blame them for being lazy, because its an innate thing. I'm not agreeing to the lazy part. I'm agreeing to the innate thing. Who knows if I'm right or wrong?

I want to be a good student. I want to listen to the teacher. I want to sit in front of the class. I want to learn, to explore, to teach. I want to tell jokes. I want to make people laugh. I want to make friends. I want to learn history. I want to share with the world what I know, to teach them to appreciate things they never do. I want people to listen when I talk about current affairs. I want them to show polite interest, to converse with me about the events of today. I want to play runescape. I want to listen to game music. I want to be patriotic.

Unfortunately, a lot of people don't want me to be like that. They want me to listen to punk & metal. To pon classes and CCA. To go to parkway for no reason and be unproductive. They want me to procrastinate. They want me to be like them. They want me to talk about how teachers suck, how schools suck, how the system is screwed up. They want me to be defiant. They want me to tuck out my shirt. They want me to get a skull design bag. They want me to shout vulgarities. They want me not to care about my homework. They want me to play mousehunt for 12 hours straight. They want me to be pervetic. They want me to play left for dead.

I say neigh. If I have to compromise so much for the sake of admiration, for the sake of popularity. I say neigh.

I am blessed with friends that made me realize that. I am blessed with teachers who care, who point me in the right direction. I am blessed to be in Singapore and not fighting a meaningless civil war in Ethiopia. I am blessed to live in the garden city in a beautiful home. I am blessed with this blog and especially the readers who put in that extra effort to make me feel cared, noticed, like I mean something to them in their lives. That our friendship is important. Its the most wonderful thing in the world.

Thanks X for showing me this =) The first part is very disturbing. But pull through it.

No comments: