Float

Float

Friday 2 April 2010

Finally, a break.

It seems like my homework pile is finally declining! But that's probably because coursework hasn't really kicked in yet and chinese didn't have much homework...plus we got a lot of tests now... Ok I take it back.

So I'm posting about last friday and saturday cause I didn't yet and it was pretty special, will try and make it short.

Friday
After I was dismissed from school, did Bio homework with Jun Yew (I'm so blessed that Alif and Hendrik don't come to this blog if not there will start making crude references). Then, in an attempt to adopt the principle of 饮水思源, I went back to Ngee Ann for their carnival for an unplanned 3 HOURS. WOW. Mostly playing five stones haha. Worth it, its all about giving back to the school that groomed me, for better or for worse, into who I am now. I don't get why some of my other classmates don't see that. Can't blame them, I mean some people outgrow these things, but I think no matter what they see, inevitably it has affectedly their lives significantly too. You know my teacher once asked us if we believed that everyone is born with a good character or bad character. I say neither, its the way your raised. Donated $10 to their fund raising =) P.S I got very close to SM Goh =P


Saturday
I think the most significant thing that happened on Saturday was Earth Hour.
So one fine day in the media lab Tze Yang and Daniel were watching some light painting video on youtube. Its about using your camera and flashlight as a medium. The trick is to use a camera where you can control the shutter speed like a DSLR. You make the shutter speed very long (I used 16 seconds I think), then in a very dark place, you use a torchlight and 'paint' in mid-air. Of course, I think I'm super noob and utterly failed some of my paintings. (I can't even do normal painting!!) =X
Tried to write my name. Fail.: )Tried to write earth. FailTried to draw a house. Fail.Lightbulb one. Fail.1 + 1 = 2. Fail.Lightbulb 2. Fail.Lightbulb 3. Fail.

No comments: