Float

Float

Sunday 6 May 2012

2 hours to sunrise

So much I want to talk about, so much I want to relinquish. The responsibility of this outspoken self.

I feel much clearer now; could be the coffee, could be the time. Just this silence, I want to bask in it. But no, its not complete silence - the dark, ominous creep of a building's storeroom, or the sealed, desperate, desolate corridors that run length across basements and concrete. Its ambient silence. The cool, and unambiguous kind. When the stars and streetlamps are lit dimly but warmly, as if they were there just to keep you company and remind you that even in silence you are not isolated from civilization, albeit a sleeping, and more importantly, uncaring one. When you hear the crickets or the drizzle (but never both, for that is nature's way of balancing the volume). As the south eastern sea breeze blows, as my stand fan spins in protest...

6.00 Wake up
7.45 SAT begins
12.50 SAT ends
1.30 Reach home, lunch
2.20 Vesak Day photography
3.20 Rest and game
5.20 Shower, change, rush off to City Hall
6.40 Mad rush to Singapore Conference Hall with YZ, XY and Eric
7.00 Alfred's CO performance, he does a kick-ass solo.
9.20 Show ends after 3 encores (I kid you not, these people, and alfred especially, are popular!!)
10.20 Spontaneously decide to watch Avengers at midnight, having arrived back in Katong with YZ and XY.
11.10 Supper and Pool
12.40 Avengers!
2.50 A great show ends!
3.30 Reach home...

And I couldn't be happier. (Despite the epic fail SAT sitting)
I used to think that true spirituality can only be obtained through religion. Well in my most earnest opinion, the paradigm doesn't apply anymore. No, in fact it didn't apply even before. This blog, has always been a source of spirituality too.

And off to bed... because its 2 hours to sunrise. I wish I could stay and say more. But I guess... really I just wanted to record this day down. Really awesome Primary School friends... always.


No comments: