Float

Float

Sunday 27 May 2012

How f-ed up life is

I'd rather die a penniless and good man than a deceitful, successful one.
Unfortunately my parents don't think so.
Righteousness may be the folly of some, but it is the very fuel that keeps me going strong.
I don't need God to tell me that.
My grand-uncle is a photographer, but he is poor as he works as a cleaner. He is old and single but I don't care. He did what he loved so why the fuck should you care whether he has 500 shares in Facebook or a dozen square miles of property in New York?

--------------------------------------------------

Should I go for tuition?
I just hate the fucking feeling of being patronized. Of attempting to gain an upper hand. I don't like the feeling I've been given an advantage. I hate the that this meritocracy breeds the kind of dirty, back-handed competition that it does. I don't know where all these sentiments come from, but on my list of top hates inequality has to be one of them. And unfortunately, I supposedly have to 'count myself lucky' for being born into a privileged class and society, do you know how fucking shitty that feels? Like as if all my accomplishments were not by my own merit but because I was just fucking born this way? Like I have to live up to expectations from the moment my elder brother topped classes and got scholarships? Inspiring stories out there of people from humble beginnings making their way to the top by hard work and grit... urgh. Has it occurred to anyone that some people are 'born smart' or 'born talented' or 'born rich', but also 'born hardworking', is it really fair to cherish the latter when the first three types did not make the choice to have a tendency to maybe be a little lazier? That maybe they didn't have the same kind of upbringing and hence became complacent or something?
--------------------------------------------------
ELECTRICO
Y U NO SELL AT HMV?

No comments: