Float

Float

Saturday 9 June 2012

June

It's half time. By the end of this month, we'll just be six months away. No not to the A levels, because when I sit down and think hard, when I get that fuzzy feeling that there's more to life than this, is when I realize, and I think a lot of people do when they take the time, that the coming exams, will not be the representation of your life. No, thinking about things that just seem, a step higher. Its half a year, to real adulthood... to really, earning a living, starting to be seriously independent... when academic life ends. (Well, sorta. I kind of feel Uni is gonna be a real different ball game, especially if you're going overseas)

June.

Went to check out what I posted a year ago around this time, and it was about the Econs trip. In hindsight, I didn't really get to know the group better at all... save for a few. Whom I now frequently stalk. Funny how that works right? In some places you can meet all the 'nice friends' but when it comes to the really like-minded ones, somehow they'll be mixed in with the people whom you won't get along with at all... In the deepest parts of the oceans is where you'll find the most fantastical, wonderful forms of life... And the nastiest.

I like the title of this post. (Well obviously, unless you're retarded, Leeks.) Its not just the month... its also a nice girl's name. (as in, the name is nice, not a girl who is nice who has that name) Have you ever imagined this really corny situation where out of the blue in some of your loneliest hours you meet a near complete stranger that would turn out to be your love interest later? (Oh god, sounding like I've had too many rounds of love potion) Yeah really cheesy, but god dammit really romantic lol.

I feel guilty many times for feeling scornful or high-and-mighty at what I deem to be 'superficial', yet being human, I'm no different really, and I fall for the same things sometimes. I don't like to call it self-deluding, because I'm not subconsciously aware of it, I just literally forget sometimes, what its like to be in that person's shoes perhaps. A sort of disconnection from the empathy server. Like for instance when my classmate started swooning and became really blonde talking about this guy she crushes on, I experienced this spurt of annoyance at the general human race. But side-step a little and hey, this classmate is actually pretty matured, musings are for fun anyway. And let's not forget the kind of nonsense you've done when you were crushing right? (oh shit I'm totally reminded that I actually drew someone when I liked her... embarrassing)

So I'll sit here and wait. Listening to alt/indie rock, reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and waiting for June to pass and come into my life.

The lyrics are... lacking. But you know, some songs are meant for that, some songs are just for that easy listening and for you to sit there and think about your life. Not to mention it was in 500 Days of Summer. And yes, as the song says, I want the happy ending... No Zooey is not a happy ending, (actually in the movie she's kind of an ass :X, but its k lar she had a troubled past I guess)

No comments: