Float

Float

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Faded Dotted Lines

Left this post unfinished weeks ago.

Dramatic changes in my mindset since J1. Or have there been any at all?

As a wise man named Marcus once said, thinking is depressing.

Sometimes, in my current style of Rock, don't think, just do, coffee mugging style, I take a pause to think back. Big mistake.

You see the whole basis of such a philosophy works on convincing yourself that many thoughts are an overreaction and are hence, of no value. "I should have done this sooner", "Why can't I seem to get this part?", "Why the hell was I surfing the web for 4 hours?" for example, when referring to mugging. And even on real life situations. "I should have said...", "Why am I so lonely"

The trick is to then imagine the tumblr/9gag/reddit meme showing Yao Ming's face and say 'Fuck that shit.' And move on with your incomplete tutorials life.

However, I understand still the importance of reflection, just to make sure you're going down the right path. So I do that at times, mostly at night, tired after all the work of the day, or on bus and train rides home, listening to mellow-er music

Philo questions oft appear. One interesting one I asked myself recently was why we find sunsets, sunrises and sun behind clouds... beautiful? Something so illogical isn't it? Perhaps it is because we associate such images with something, just as how biologists postulate that we find certain baby animals cute because of certain subtle features that make it look like human babies, and that stimulates certain brain waves patterns, I wouldn't know.

I forgot exactly what I intended to write for this post :/

The bass on this song (Y)
 

1 comment:

Yan Mei said...

Hmm same here. Been a while since I last had a substantial shift in perspectives and mindsets. Maybe not a shift, perhaps an addition?

Love the video. The number of KITTIES. And how they played with the LIGHTS. Bass line nice at first but I kinda feel that if I were the bassist I'd get bored pretty quick heh.