Float

Float

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Network Connection Lost

Connection Lost
Did you know I missed you?
If only you could know.
Trapped within this wired age,
To be unplugged my greatest foe.

Just across from the city,
I leave my thoughts in note.
Maybe one day you could hear me,
Some day across this moat.

We all know that frustration - the modem mashing; and telephone thrashing.

That anger that we've lost someone with no way of telling.

Connection lost oh connection lost! 
Network won't you tell her?
Tell her that I miss her.

Just leave behind some trace. I know,
She'll check, just in case.

Autumn Leaves
I came upon a strip of wooden houses,
Their walls grand and in decay.
I saw those autumn leaves just falling,
I watched them swing and sway.


I watched you sitting upon a flight,
Steps leading to one of those houses.
I watched you in your curious place,
Reluctant to enter despite what wander arouses.

And still the day went on and I dared not creep in too,
I was afraid of commitment but worse,

Disappointment and looking like a fool.

I just wished all day you'd catch an autumn leave,
Or invite me in one day.
But instead on and on I swayed...

Don't leave me drifting, 
Don't leave me outside,
Tell me it can be more than just okay.

Without my iphone in camp. I need a 'date' for social night 3 months away. OCS less than perfect but I'll get by. Tired.

No comments: