Float

Float

Sunday 30 March 2014

Take Care

Today I had a decision to make.

To do my weekend run, having just recovered, or to not do it, and set me back the mileage I've worked hard to get.

I guess army thought me something about safety. And after mulling for 30 minutes, I decided I shouldn't let that urge for faster gratification ruin my health. If I'm set back, you just have to do it again. Maybe I didn't have enough resilience training in my life. Or maybe I've had too much. From 16 km to nil again? Gotta keep running.

And why did I get sick in the first place? Complacency. Arrogance. etc. In my forced reflection for CPT Andy I keep writing to take care but forget it when push comes to shove. The hedonistic lifestyle that I guiltily adopted from army has thus taken a toll. Just because I can, doesn't mean I should. Opportunities arise not for you to take every one of them without considering the consequences of overdoing anything that by itself, done once, is overall beneficial.

Busy month ahead... where's my motivation?

No comments: