Float

Float

Sunday 13 April 2014

Runner's notice

Yesterday I had to make a different decision. To run or take public transport to POP. I decided the latter too mainstream so I ran the former would free my Sunday morning, killing two birds with one stone so I woke up at 4am on Saturday and took off at 5 to the platform.

When you run long distance, you inevitably get a little bored... a little extra observant. You'll notice stuff. Specific stuff. Shall call it runner's notice.

1. Other runners
Cause I'm wondering why the hell are they up at this hour too

2. The lightning storm.
CAT 1? Should I actually be running? What if it rains? What if I get struck by lightning? What has the army been teaching me all this time?!

3. "John Cleese"
I swear when I saw this billboard I thought it was John Cheese. Why is this guy on a billboard? Who is he anyway?

4. The newspaper delivery man
Saw him stack and sort newspaper at the bottom of my house. I think there's something sentimental about seeing such people. Like what are their stories? Are they lonely? What motivates them everyday?

5. Waterbay place?
Just a condo I specifically noticed. Entering into the condo 'division' of  Tanjong Rhu. Actually the name probably ain't correct. Water something.

6. That guy sleeping in one of the shelters on Marina Barrage.
Just a random, probably migrant worker.

7. The lone traveler who took a picture on the bridge from Gardens by the Bay to Marina Bay Sands
Self-explanatory.

8. The probably party-going youngsters catching a cab at 6+ near Marina square.
Or people who eat absurdly early breakfast in nice clothes.

Seasons 2
There is a spring
Where the cherry blossom blooms
Where the sun rises first
To bring clear afternoons

There is a summer
Where the ocean waves swell
Along vast golden beaches
Stretching as far as one can tell

There is an autumn
Where the auburn leaves fall
Littering windswept paths
Along meadows and gentle knolls

There is a winter
Where it gently snows
Across a sea of lights
Where warm fires glow

And

There is a place

Where the seasons don't change
Only everlasting sunshine
And never ceasing rain.
And that's where I met you

No comments: