Float

Float

Monday 13 December 2010

Thrill seeker? Probably not

Went to Universal Studios yesterday =D (as in Singapore).
Was fun bah... but... NO BATTLE STAR GALACTICA T_T  WHY WHY WHY
With it, it would have been complete. The whole experience I mean.

I'm usually a very paranoid person, a scaredy-cat if you will, so it was really odd for me to just start chionging all the scariest spots and what not. I just, felt like it. Perhaps, ironically, it was because of my paranoia, because I'm definitely not a thrill-seeker. I was afraid of wasting 60 freaking dollars and doing everything half-baked, you know? Like for the attraction of viewing some hurricane in a sound stage, I stood in front on the so called 'splash zone' and I was one of three people to sit in the front most row, the 'soak zone' while watching waterworld, out of a crowd of 300 over. Those in front carry umbrella some more = =. Come on SG, where's your spirit?

Stupidly, I didn't get soaked at all, people behind me did. Maybe the cast just thought it would be better to 'disturb' those people who too afraid to brave the front road, so they just spray the 2nd row ++

At least the audience was a responsive bunch. The response from the front section of the audience watching 'Monster Rock' was just terrible. No cheering when asked to, no clapping, laughing at puns, just stoned, poker faces. Maybe caused it was filled with a lot of less young Singaporeans and also had a lot of conservative Muslims. The back section was encouraging though, mostly made up of youngsters.

Now I will talk about rides. Back then I was super scared and probably closed my eyes almost every ride. Don't know why but for some reason my bravery went up tenfold yesterday

Revenge of the mummy - best of the lot. (Without Battle Star Galactica of course.... T_T) The funny thing is, the queue is really short (only 5 minutes on a SUNDAY during school holidays), cause apparently everyone's scared to take it. (wtf) The mummy was kind of scary, but since I watched both movies like 4 over times, it wasn't really much of a thrill. Thought the Spider-man ride in Universal Studios Osaka, the equivalent over there, was better. Got 3D glasses mah lol. Both had the same super funny twist. SPOILER ALERT. First part of the speeding part of the roller coaster, you 'crash' into this wall, then start moving BACKWARDS! lol. Awesome.
A rather short-lived ride though. Spider-man was super long, and awesome.

Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure - Disappointing. Queued 1hour + and all they give me is some less than 1 storey crash. Lame. Curiously, it was nearly exactly the same as the one I took in Osaka. But the latter was definitely better. SPOILER ALERT! Firstly because the T-Rex head in Osaka looked like it could swallow the whole raft, but the one in Singapore, meh, maybe one person. Second cause the final drop is like 2 storeys. Warning though, very very huge splash. Even my hair got soaked. I liked the Singapore twist to the ride though, cause suddenly you will enter this lift nearing the end of the hydroelectric plant that elevates you to the T-Rex. Osaka was different here, I will not elaborate.

Enchanted Airways - 2nd of the lot probably. Definitely suited for kids, because its more thrilling than scary (Opposed to revenge of the mummy), and had some funny moments in it. Its supposed to be a 'junior roller coaster' anyway. So yeah. SPOILER ALERT! The drop was slightly disappointing though, cause you reach a respectable height than slow down cause you turn right a way. Dang. Didn't give me more than a significant stomach churn.

Accelerator - Lamest of the lot. Nothing my dad's driving can't do really. Just take an exit from ECP or towards Safra Country Club, and you can achieve nearly the same effect. I can have a nice lunch inside, though I'd probably spill everything.

Canopy Flyer - 2nd lamest. Indeed, your feet isn't touching anything and that's pretty scary. But then again, nearly 3/4 of the ride you can see a safety net below you by barely one flight of steps. Plus, the ride is over in lik 10 seconds without so much as a 3 steps drop. Nice ride to cool off.

Shrek 4-D Adventure - Respectable. SPOILER ALERT! I deem this a ride because your seat will move and spray air and water at you though you don't really move through space. The 3-D glasses give it an edge. The story is amusing and the scares are adequate. (At one point a spear is pointing directly at you with your 3-D glasses on. Nice)

That's all the rides I went yesterday. I'll end this long post (I think, haven't pressed the 'preview button') by naming in order of merit (best being first place) of all the rides I've taken in my life and can still remember)

I didn't do much at Universal Studios Osaka because of the weather causing most rides to close...
I will base on impulse, so queue times matter cause they affected my mood.

1. The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man [Universal Studios Osaka]
2. Spider-man? [Genting Highlands outdoor theme park]
3. Space Mountain [Tokyo Disneyland]
4. The Corkscrew [Genting Highlands outdoor theme park]
5. Revenge of the mummy [Universal Studios Singapore]
6. Jurassic Park: The Ride [Universal Studios Osaka]
7. Dragon? [Can't remember where, Genting Highlands or Hong Kong]
8. Snoopy's Playland [Universal Studios Osaka]
9. Enchanted Airways [Universal Studios Singapore]

Argh. Just realized there is still a Transformers ride, TWO battle star galactica rides, and a Madagascar ride I haven't taken DANG IT.

No comments: