Float

Float

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Me-day

The word 'alone', to many, carries negative connotations.

But it isn't necessarily so. I believe that the sooner someone stops thinking that being alone is boring, depressing, anti-social, or sad, the sooner he can enjoy being by him/herself.

We all need friends, I agree. But how is it that my generation just has to call someone up on his iPhone 4 or waste hours sms-ing just to escape solitude, I do not know. Why is it that you can't spend some time having your own fun for just a day or two, or an hour? Have we lost ourselves to socializing?

Till this day, there are still hermits, there are still elderly singles, people, who spend a possibly endless time alone. Maybe we are all just scared we'll end up shooting ourselves one day and die single due to loneliness.

Its true that staying lonely forever is really really tough. But not for few hours. Why not do the things you always wanted to try? There's no one around to judge after all.

Well, today my entire family is out and I'm by myself alone in my house.

I woke up like any other day and drank milk, read the papers, played some single player Warcraft, showered, read some Lord of the Rings. Went out for lunch, still by myself, listened to music, progressed on my new year's resolution by renting a movie (instead of every Singaporeans basic instinct to Torrent).

Every person should be him/herself. I sometimes feel that we all have lost some originality in ourselves somehow. 

------------------------------------------------

Rifdi's text break!! =DD

It may seem strange to some of you when I refused fast-food with friends. But that's just me. I'm certain there are others who would do the same.

Well in the news today, on Prime Page A3 you can see an article on how hawker food ain't healthy either.

But one cannot be too shallow.
When you eat fast food, where does the money go? To TNCs who already earn billions. Turn on your television and you'll be hard pressed to not find at least one advert on fast food. Do hawkers advertise their sodium-rich, msg-drenched, processed food via mass-media?

And its ironic here isn't it? Do you notice these adverts often have youngsters (and sometimes elderly) chowing down on their products with glee? And yet, nowadays, while teens go on about rules and nasty parents, rebelling against 'the system', they are easily taken in by popularized products and fast food which insidiously do harm to them?

Then again, I know that everyone IS different! So if you just NEED to go out and spend everyday with friends, go ahead =D
Bah, time to stop ranting and get on with my single-player afternoon =D

-------------------------------------------

HAH TWO DAYS NIA. Sim City 4 can do it in seconds!!

No comments: