Float

Float

Saturday 19 January 2013

Service for the country

Haven't posted in a long time (naturally) but I guess I still want the blog to escape a vegetative state and perhaps it's high time I start practicing proper english as well haha. And in just the first sentence I have made an ROS mistake (Run on sentence). Ah well.

My sergeants are relatively nice and I'm not saying that in a disrespectful manner but rather as appreciative of their kindness so far. They've been strict but fair, basically. Hopefully my platoon (and me) are mature enough to toughen up and be disciplined despite.

One annoying thing is the fact that people think I wayang when I say like I'm really enthusiastic for field camp or I want extra training or what. No one for example believes one can honestly be patriotic and not be brainwashed. Thoroughly cynical but understandable. Wasn't much of a problem when I was still in RJ or VS to say that sort of stuff. Different cultures I guess. But you know what I'd totally give my life for Singapore if needed to defend it. Even my commanders don't believe it completely that there are such people.

Really stressed out for US uni and scholarship applications; much more annoying than NS frankly.

No comments: