Float

Float

Thursday 10 January 2008

New teachers of the year

The stress of secondary 2 is already weighing on me as more and more homework piles up onto me. However, I find the most difficult challenge is getting to know your new teachers. Although a few teachers from last year are continuing to teach us, most of them are new teachers that I think I will take some time to know and respect.
The new teachers are Mr. Daryl Tan, who is my new history teacher, Ms Jennifer Koh, my new literature teacher, Ms Neo, my english teacher and my maths teacher Ms Norreny, forgive me if I mispelled her name. More new teachers will teach us later in the year as we are only studying Geography, Chemistry and Biology in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th term.
I think Mr. Tan is an overall strict teacher, maybe its because he was from the Singapore Police Force, or maybe because he tends to have mood swings. One moment he scolds you for accidentally dropping your pen, the next he is telling a joke about Indiana Jones.
I think Ms Koh is a unique teacher who heavily emphasizes on group work, making us pull our tables and chairs together to form a group. However, I do not think she has shown her true colors as a literature teacher.
I think Ms Neo is a somewhat naggy teacher. I find that she underestimates our knowledge of technology too much and gives us slow and detailed instructions before we even start work, but I think this is only because its her job as a teacher to make sure the class knows what their doing.
I think Ms Norreny is a very generous teacher, she gives a lot of fair chances to us. However, this can be both good and bad. I feel that if she keeps this up too long, the class will take advantage of her kindness by not handing homework on time.
All the new teachers have both a good side and a bad side, thus giving a well balanced and enriching learning experience.

2 comments:

ianleong said...

helloooooooo!Ian here i agree that we have to get to know our teachers better.miss....erm..i dont know her name.... i know! Miss Math Teacher is too good.Maybe she is your mum? HaHa

ianleong said...

helloooooooo!Ian here i agree that we have to get to know our teachers better.miss....erm..i dont know her name.... i know! Miss Math Teacher is too good.Maybe she is your mum? HaHa