Float

Float

Saturday 19 January 2008

Common Wealth Essay

This is my entry for the commonwealth essay that I have to do for English lesson, I chose topic number five.

One day, I was bullied again by my classmates. At that point, I really wished I could not feel pain, both emotionally and physically. I went home to lay on my bed and ponder deeply about my situation. I suddenly imagined what would happened if I had no sense of touch, would I feel pain? No, what if I could not smell that disgusting odour from their shirts? Or taste the toilet floor the bullies made me do? What if I need not hear the horrible screeching sounds and mirthless laughter that hurt me so badly? What if I only had my sense of sight to see their white faces of shock when they were unable to bully me? I would only laugh at them, revenge would be sweet...
I awoke with a start the next morning, I felt extremely strange. I looked around at the clock and realised I was almost late for school! Why did my alarm clock not wake me up? I changed quickly but I still felt strange, like I was naked. I went down for breakfast but was disgusted by the tasteless breakfast. It was also unusually silent; what was going on? I walked to school as usual but this time it felt like I was levitating, or not feeling at all. As I thought about what was going on, I came to realize what I was thinking about last night, could it be?
As class started, several people tried to get my attention but I could not feel their tapping to talking, perfect. The teacher and we stood up to greet her, but no sound came from the opened mouths, perfect. It was science lesson and the teacher had brought with her some chemicals. As she took them out, the class started to clasp their noses but I could not smell anything, perfect. After the teachers endless opening and closing of her mouth, the class got up so I did too, we greeted her goodbye but from all this, silence was all I could hear, pefect. As we all ran down to the canteen, I kept tripping on the stairs for no reason, I still could not feel pain, perfect.
When I reached the canteen, the school bully came to me for his routine bullying, perfect. He opened his mouth and closed his mouth without saying a thing, perfect. He was carrying a bottle full of yellow liquid, I was all too familiar with it, yet this time I could nto smell it, perfect. He opened his mouth again and pointed at the bottle and then pointed at me. He came closer, opened the bottle cap and poured it onto me. But as I saw the liquid fall down my cheeks, I felt nothing, no pain. The bully was laughing now, but he soon stopped, looking at my sharp grin on my face. I used all my strength and punched at his stomach.
Crowds started to gather at the scene, he punched me and although I spat blood, I could not feel pain. I swung my fist at him and he pounced onto me. Suddenly, he turned his head so I did too. It was Mr Chia, our disciplinary master. He looked outraged and quickly pulled us out of the crowd. Although I could not feel his grip, I knew I was in big trouble. Something more then physical pain filled my brain and I was soon drowning in guilt.
I had been to Mr. Chia's office before so many times but for totally different reasons. As we stepped inside, the bully shot a face full of fury at me, I felt even worse. Mr Chia sat down and opened his mouth. When he finally closed it, the bully waved his hands and pointed at me while opening his mouth very wide. He shot another glare at me and with cold fury took one of Mr. Chia's pencils and stabbed my eyes. It was like endless void, a black hole, a vortex of nothingness. Nothing, nothing I could feel, see, smell, hear or taste. Speechless, my body did not feel, it was numb to the core.
I awoke with a start, feeling normal and feeling the sweat trickling down my cheeks, perfect.

No comments: