Float

Float

Friday 20 July 2012

You don't know how I feel

That phrase, is a common irrational statement made by the clinically depressed, angst teenagers or emotionally charged people.

Because maybe we do know how you feel.

Whoever said that we must go through the exact same lifetime, exact same events, to be able to empathize with your state of mind?

I was giving advice on how I studied to my friend when a 3rd one voiced his annoyance. Saying that 'people only say that when they're at the top'. O is that so? Were my grades not as shitty as yours now? And also, are you going to take advice from someone who is consistently failing, or consistently succeeding, even better, improving? His response to that was 'just don't get advice'. Though terribly arrogant to say the least, I knew I had won the argument. For my friend sought advice, and so I gave advice. And of course, advice is not orders, you can always choose to adapt it, or throw it away, however different your situation, your history is.

And of course, if I had dramatically improved in my grades, and not given advice when sought, would that not be terribly selfish of me? So damned if I do and damned if I don't give advice is that right? No sorry, in your bitter consciousness and state of mind, it is understandable why you would say such a thing. But when you finally succeeded and looked back, how would you feel when people tell you 'you don't understand them' just because you improved. So thank you very much, but I cannot help you in your sorry state until you take some Prozac.

My good friend, when will you realize bitterness is but the drama we seek within?

No comments: