Float

Float

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Black & White

Morality. Not the game.

Is flawed, because humans are imperfect after all.

In secondary 1 I quickly termed my class as 'immature' when really I was being immature to generalize and classify. Who am I to judge when I am so imperfect?

Your walking back home.
You see a patch of grass that slightly hinders your progress.
There is pavement that winds around the small patch of grass, barely a three feet long, but you know from logic that walking via the pavement will be slower than cutting across diagonally this patch of grass.
In fact, a clear, sandy, barren route has already scarred the field.
Possibly millions of times have people trodden across quickly without hesistanting, leaving behind dry, barren soil (much like the effects of overgrazing).
Why bother eh? Let's just walk on the 'demarcated' route, nothing you do now can heal the grass.
Deep in your heart though, you know your only shaving off one second.
What will you do?

In reality. There is never really distinct black and white choices. Its all just shades of gray. I believe that our minds forsee them as black and white based on principles we set ourselves.

For me? I would always choose the pavement. I know. I know people will never change and that patch of grass will never heal. But my conscience is clear. I stayed true to myself.


Music. True blue music.

No comments: