Float

Float

Wednesday 16 June 2010

World Cup to me

You know I don't usually watch football. However, I still watch and read about the world cup, since I was young in fact. I rarely follow the clubs and all that. The clubs don't mean much to me. I prefer to see politics (even though fifa prohibits it) and patriotism. So I watch the world cup. I really ain't sure why people watch the EPL and what not, they are not fighting for anything but money to me. Loyalty? Oh please, they just get bought off here and there.


Nothing much interests me in the big games, though games with the underdogs do. Yup, as I've said, I usually support the underdogs. Here's what I feel bout some of the matches. Sorry those of you who don't like soccer T.T, but this is more than soccer to me.


South Africa VS Mexico (1-1) Of course I have to comment on the opening match, especially with South Africa, the host in it. Plus, I actually watched the first half on channel 5. Pity South Africa missed five consecutive corners. I missed all the goals cause I went to bed!!


South Korea VS Greece (2-0) I was really confused who to root for. Greece, one of my favourite ancient civilisations with rich mythology, but has a debt crisis. South Korea, asian favourites, but tussling with her neighbour. Since I didn't subscribe, I had no idea how the match went. But definitely happy for the asian team. After all, I like ancient, not modern, greece.


USA vs England (1-1) ROFL LOL OMGOSH FUNNIEST EPIC MOMENT EVER. I didn't get to watch it but my elder brother came back from camp so he showed my on youtube Robert Green's (Englands Goalee) comedic moment. Maybe it was a representation of how BP leaked oil; so he leaked the ball in. I rooted for USA believe it or not, because they were underdogs here, and frankly I don't like rugby, so I hoped they would support soccer more with this upset to England. I loved to see the fans on the news cheering for their country, true patriotism.


Germany VS Australia (4-0) Wow! Stunning, organized demolition of Australian team. Rooted for Germany because of their bid to clean energy (Thanks Hendrik for letting me know), and caring for the Euro Zone. Just awesome.


Japan VS Cameroon (1-0) Honda scored! Luckily Toyota didn't play, he might have sprinted to fast and hit the post cause of faulty brakes (Zing!). Rooted for Japan, sorry Africa, Asia comes first.


Netherlands VS Denmark (2-0) This is just to let you know I am still absolutely confused between the Dutch and the Danes? I really had no clue what the hell was going on. Where is Holland?! Isn't Denmark part of the Netherlands?! Also confused about Sweden & Switzerland. I used to be confused about India and Indonesia lol.


Brazil VS North Korea (2-1) OK THIS WAS THE MATCH I WAS WAITING FOR. As I've said, I'm supporting North Korea for the World Cup. Why? Cause they are the ultimate underdogs who can surprise anyone. This score proves it. Looking at the Fifa website, about 90% of the comments were like: I expected Brazil to score 5-0 or North Korea played with heart and showed Grit. Even Fifa put it "North Korea made Brazil work hard for the win" I don't know if its politically incorrect, but it makes me swell with pride. I just hope their Glorious Leader Tze Yang Kim Jong Il, who is a big fan of soccer, doesn't announce they won as propaganda. What a shame!!!! They have to be in the group of death! 2-1 is very amazing to me already. Brazil is ranked 1st in the world cup, and DRK or PRK is 105. The fact they can actually SCORE and hold Brazil to just 2 goals! This is true North Korean spirit. Even one of the comments on Fifa was BY A SOUTH KOREAN and said "Amazing job Korea! You've inspired us all. We are with you in spirit. From South Korea" I wish this were so outside of soccer. It really is true that the world cup brings different people together. I sincerely hope and have faith that North Korea will enter the group of 16.




Filtering again. Sorry Marcus! I'm a photoshop noob and succumb to cheap tricks =P
Examination Breach, photo removed

No comments: