Float

Float

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Jokes Aside

You say goodbye, and I say hello. ~Hello Goodbye: The Beatles
--------------------------------------------------------


Untitled
We tackled the arduous
We faced the tumultuous
Now celebrate the accomplishment,
but I do not partake
because climbing every mountain and fording every stream,
I breathed in every moment (with you)
And I didn't want it to end after all



If you didn't notice, the flavicon was changed some time ago, here's the blown up version. A-Cute Geometry. Its this cartoon character I drew randomly and has stuck since. This was done quickly in PsD, its definitely lost some good 'ol sketch charms because of the graphics, but at least its mine :)

-------------------------------------------------------

The post of which the title refers to begins proper
Bryan said it quite right, that every joke has an underlying truth.
I make a lot of angst-jokes.
Indeed, but I'd rather you not bother about my personal convictions and emotions too much because I can handle it, really. Or more appropriately, God can handle it :)
Of course, sometimes it is just a little hint at my inner thoughts but putting it in joke form will make it more entertaining, and less serious, because I don't want to be a killjoy! A light-hearted satire at the troubles of this world is a form of dealing with 'em friends! :)

What in God's name am I talking about? Two recent examples! (ew I hate analyzing jokes, always almost certainly ruins them! Especially because I have been talking so sophisticatedly urgh! ><)
1. I joked about having no purpose in life after Promos to Clare
Well the fact is that usually after some huge event, I slip into a weird limbo-tic phase of directionless-ness and generally no sense of detailed planning. So the thing is, after a major examination, everyday becomes a complexity of what to accomplish! \ö/

2. 'People only seem to want to hang out with me right before Promos to study' xD to a bunch of peeps
(a sub-category of l 'I have no friends') Well to some extent, I didn't really have groups of friends that I regularly go out with (which I kind of feel a lot of people have) so yeah. I probably had some people I could just initiate with but it wasn't really straight-forward :/

(I'm going to sleep now, continue next morning)

-------------------------------------------------------

(Continued from yesterday/today morning)
In a different but not unrelated portion, yesterday was a nightmarish end to the Chemistry paper. Well yes I screwed up quite badly.

But also, a not-so-good teacher attempted to challenge a hall full of Testosterone-Crazed young adults?? Mistake. You know the old-school 'keep quiet or I'll make you stay back 5 minutes' Well obviously, being brilliant and extremely respectful students (I don't want to use Rafflesians because these people are not true Rafflesians), they continued the chatter. So the teacher made everyone stay. Indeed, he was a Chief Presiding Examiner in other schools and oh mannn why did he have to say that at touch the students' nerves?

So in the 10 minutes of agony I could only hope against hope everyone had SOME FORM OF DECENCY. (Oh man you should have seen how many times I swore yesterday :/) But no. Apparently,  10 minutes staying silent is more excruciating than having just sat through 15 hours of examinations, which by the way, was done in silence.

And so, 3 people had to be Ahem. No more swearing. The first started clapping as the teacher lectured us. The second shouted "YES" to a rhetorical question. The third started arguing about the system across the hall with the teacher. But no, the issue is more complex than this. The first person was actually my good friend, whom btw reads my blog and comments on the CBoX. Let there be no ill feelings. No, I was just in plain shock knowing he did it. Perhaps he thought the teacher was abusing his power and being arrogant (ya 'know, since he's a "Dr. Chan" and all with a PhD and all) which I might agree to some extent.

But you know. Sometimes. We aren't correct.
WOAH OMG REALLY? YOU MEAN I'M NOT THE SMARTEST PERSON ON EARTH GOING TO RAFFLES?

Mega-stereotype. Uncalled for. But it was funny :D
So for whatever reason those people acted up, and the fact that most in the hall supported them instead of the teacher, well I have nothing to say. Except that Singapore is possibly screwed.
Indeed, I do not think it is funny at all. Sure the teacher was being unreasonable, but perhaps he's had it rough from the boss, and you have to make his day worse. How rough was your day may I ask? Of course, mugging hard I see. Yes, so stressful, no time to study. All those time pon lecture, sleeping in class, heck caring the teacher sure was fruitful right? Yeah and today so hot alsoooo want to go out, how could you ask me to wait 10 minutes sitting down in an air-conditioned hall with tables and a warm jacket?

People say I keep talking about how awesome VS was. Well truth is. IT WAS AWESOME. Because however crazy the students can sometimes get, the atmosphere was always of moral standards, be it displayed from teacher or by principal. And definitely there were jokers, but even they had limits. I really thank choir for making me a team player and not a bitch who thinks he's better than the rest. Especially Clement. Really.

I think its OK to say it now, but back then I was fucking arrogant. And during choir when Clement was pumping the section he went 'all those who deserve to be pumped knock it down now'. So everyone did, except me. He later told me things I won't ever forget. He said he agreed that I didn't deserve it, he even acknowledged that I was probably the best Soprano then, but no this is not how we roll. Its all for one and one for all in a choir. And there are things we can learn from each other.

That hit home. Right into my heart. Humility, and team spirit. If you want to be a joker, for whatever reason, attract attention or because you really feel injustice here, go ahead I guess. I'll only pray for your sake.

-------------------------------------------------------

I want Rockband 3. Just for Red Hot Chili Peppers Expansion.

-------------------------------------------------------

After the exams I had to go for a compulsory Chinese Learning Journey of sorts (which some of my good samaritan classmates conveniently ponned anyway) which turned out to be really awesome. And it was topped off with bowling, tea and rockband + mahjong at my house with some awesome classmates. A lot of laughter and HTHT and actual class unity for once. Well, 25% of it. I just pray that the rifts in our class will close, the good people stop harbouring negativity, let it find new shores, and that God will perform his greatest miracle, to change the hearts of the most sinful.

-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Husain, this is brilliance!

No comments: