Float

Float

Sunday 16 October 2011

Real

Perhaps some people are frightened of being real.
They should blog.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I was wandering J8 and came back to where I started, thinking about where to go next.
At that exact moment, "Speed of Sound" by Coldplay was playing, and it went "Where to? Where do I go?" Troll God is super funny. Love you God

More Lyrics
I can't do this all on my own, no I know, I'm no superman.
Hey, make your way to me, and I'll always be just so inviting.
For greater things have yet to come and greater things are still to be done in this city!
I may not make it through the night, I won't go home without you.
Wind me up, put me down, start me off and watch me go.
Don't look at me that way, it was an honest mistake

-------------------------------------------------------------

I was out with some awesome VS peeps at Parkway and couldn't help but feel really existential. Like, why am I random-ing around a first world shopping mall. I really really want to do something with me life. Feeling really empty. No doubt it is the good life, no doubt going out with friends is awesome. But there is an inner longing to make more of my life than it already is. To just go out into the world.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Real Steel was a good show.
I have a thing for personification of inanimate objects that have meaning to me. And that Stephen Spielberg magic of cross-species (ET)/robot-human (Artificial Intelligence) relationships is still really awesome. As in this show, it was more a side theme, I felt it was executed really nicely as it wasn't overcooked and left to what the message is: Mysterious. Nope, no fancy discovery that some robot actually had AI, just left that curious tinge of intimacy between a boy and a programmed machine with a soul that the humans gave it. Of course, perhaps most people would focus on the main theme of father-son relationship. But the robot-human relation was heartwarming as it went back to the old style, 'find some old generation, raw form of machinery that turns out to have that human element that destroys all the modifications the other robots have'. Ya know, cliché stuff. But it was still something that tugs at me.

Granted, I did not exactly know what to expect from the film. Many reviewers on IMDb (checked after watching the show) said they were 'pleasantly surprised', and come to think of it, I guess I was to. Been a while since I saw a movie with good characterization. And of course, it was not uncommon to see sentiments of 'jumping on to the transformers bandwagon'. Indeed, the action was not overdone and it was clear the film was not a cheesy action-violence-sex-drugs nonsense. Definitely a very American film but may I say it a more wholesome one.

Plot was done at a very nice and progressive pace that didn't jump right in or take off too fast with several complications arising even towards the end of the film. And another thing I liked - no cheating. That's right, none of that spastic 'losers cheating' shit that usually comes with these sort of underground/glamorous fighting competition nonsense. Though if I would point one flaw I would say they tried to expand a side romance thing (probably as a staple.) that didn't sit it too nicely with many other themes going on. Undercooked and not very well done. Still. Everything else was quite a pleasant surprise. One way we could tell was that most of me and Amanda's plot predictions didn't come out, which meant that indeed, not very predictable and quite fresh.

Heard they were going to make a sequel. Oh shit please dont. Unless its really good. They're so going to ruin it. If they actually make a decent sequel that could match this one...

-------------------------------------------------------------

I want the richness of living
The fulfillment of giving
The peace of companionship
And a sincere reality

-------------------------------------------------------------
Good music good life

No comments: