Float

Float

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Mathematical Reinclination

Today I did a one hour notice A-maths mock test. I think its my most favourite maths paper in VS paper. No graphs and a whole lot of proving questions.

Very brain-stimulating. I lot of people like easy papers, I think I prefer difficult ones.

Weird? Well to me when you face easy papers you are 'expected' to do well, so its a lot of pressure. Plus difficult papers challenge your mind so its definitely more fun then doing tedious sums that are no-brainers.

I feel a bit more passionate about maths now.

NSP was fun with You Duen and Jin Xiang. I think I don't mind NSP again. Though I mind 9pm AEP.

Always look on the bright side; at least get to eat dinner out with friends.

Our conversation went a little deeper than the one I had with Jaren and You Duen during LC. Mostly about kindness and altruism. It made me wonder how I got myself to be so optimistic. They were kind of against me about kindness. I remember where I learnt it from...

Watching Fairly Odd Parents haha. The episode was about how Timmy did all sorts of acts of kindness without receiving gratitude, some even scolding him for being extra. He wished himself never born in defiance thinking that the people around him would be worse off without him. He realized it wasn't true and surrendered himself to non-existence. Jorgen (I don't know how spell) initially was meant to magically make him disappear from existence permanently but did not in the end, saying that Timmy surrendering himself for the better of others was altruism and selfless, which was what he must learn before he can return to being born.

He went on to say (in his usual harsh but strangely wise tone) that you do deeds of kindness because you should and not because you expect something in return. In other words, true kindness comes from the heart.

It sort of struck me and I ever since I've tried abiding to that mantra.

I wish there were more or these kinds of cartoon episodes and cartoons for that matter. Not some crap like Tom and Jerry, which to me implies that robbing someone's food is OK cause you can get away with it and not that small people should stand up to bullies. Tom isn't a bully to me, his a cat, his job is to catch thieving mice. His a policeman. So I think its a really horrid show.

Full moon tonight. I experimented with a funky tripod position where the camera is vertical, I know how to do it now. I seemed to have caught on Mr Munir's funky syndrome.

No comments: