Float

Float

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Political Intrigue

I've decided to remove the playlist at the bottom because its stupid. Music isn't words, anyway it gets cluttered and I'd rather I enjoy my own music.

So two hours waiting for Listening Compre to start, what to do what to do. Lucky I met You Duen and Jaren before went down, caused the chance meeting led to a 1 hour + conversation on everything under the sun, but mostly about Democracy VS Communism, Singapore, etc etc.

I just realized how INBA the match was! It seemed that on every topic, one person opposes, one person for, one person neutral. Was really fun and time just flew past as we discussed. I just feel right at home in these kinds of topics. Haha, geeky? Don't know, don't care. Jaren did convince me to reconsider environmental engineering though, I mean, though it is fast advancing and has a rapidly increasing market for it, it won't be big enough when I look for a job. Finally! I can actually use these kinds of advice and opinions. Thanks You Duen and Jaren.

Went to St Patrick's bus stop again. I never really fathomed that anyone would possibly consider cheating in a major examination. Its just, wrong. I never imagined anyone could stoop to such a level, and yet I eavesdropped a bit (oops) and some students were just casually talking about HOW they cheated. St Patrick's is not suppose to be such a bad school. If normal (acad) and express stream students are as such, what are normal (tech) students like?

Why even consider cheatin!? As You Duen clearly put, 'You siao ah?!' When someone suggested cheating. A school examination is bad enough (and still some people persist even in VS), but a major examination like the 'O' level? Do you realize how bloody unfair it is to us? The students who HAVE AN OUNCE OF INTEGRITY LEFT. I'm so lucky I started this blog. Maybe I started it like School Of Thought; "We were troubled by the indifference of youths..." lol.

Tommorrow is the first till 9pm AEP session. Ironically it is the AEP teachers that are sometimes the most inflexible, stubborn even. They seem to think a one-size fits all works. I understand their concern over our coursework, but I really can't occupy myself with work for that long. Same reason why they shouldn't have made the ESP students hardcore study from 1pm to 9pm today. I think balance is always the best option.

Though muse definitely has some Tze Yang-ish songs, they are quite a versatile band in my opinion, and the vocals are very nicely controlled and unique. The subtle change from real voice to falsetto even with the weird 'going flat' tone. OK choir stuff overload, I must be experiencing cold turkey.

No comments: