Float

Float

Monday 16 August 2010

Of Music and Magic

Music is very personal to me, and probably to everyone. Everyone's playlist is different.

Me? I'm a pretty conservative guy. I like a lot of oldies, bands like ABBA and the Beatles first got me interested because my mom likes the former and my dad the latter.

If you look at my playlist, I'm not sure if you can tell if I'm loyal to any artist haha.
In no order of merit.
Some of my favourites:

Linkin Park - For meaningful lyrics and alternative sound. Unique and unforgettable.
Breaking the Habit, Leave out all the rest, Faint, etc.

Green Day - For rock and poetry. The lead singer has a very nice controlled tone.
Boulevard of broken dreams, Holiday, 21 Guns, etc.

Kevin McMullan, Chris Rippy, Stephen Rippy - For their musuc in Ensemble Studios. I JUST REALLY FEEL IT. Lol. I don't know what to say. When I listen to their pieces, I just feel lost in them, I can listen to the music for hours without getting tired.
Behold the Great Science Fi, Of licious, The Ballad of Ace Lebaron, etc.

AHHH need to study BIO! OK I'll make it quick.
Avril Lavigne - For catchy and original sound

Coldplay - For versatility in instruments and deep lyrics.

Maroon 5 - For jazzy pop

U2 - For soulful singing and charity.

Others include: Whoever the damn made all those RS songs, Frank Klepacki, Muse, Electrico, etc.
I emphasize though, some songs are just phases.
Right now into:

Old favourite, gets me hyped up. Techno beat and reminds me of the fun C & C series


Heard my elder brother (who has 3 days worth of music) playing this, very catchy.


Hah! Don't tell me you haven't heard of this. Though the lyrics is very simple (about letting loose and dance!). Really got me cause it was the main song on Fifa 2004, so everytime my elder bro plays I can enjoy it.

Yes this (fan-made) music video was made in Singapore! Evidently, I used to subscribe to this guy on youtube, but he stopped making vids =(


I saw this on Zaki's blog. Though I'm sure his much more a fan of such ochestral music than me, I still love it. Beautiful, story-telling, emotional music does not need lyrics. The cartoon is equally heart-warming, and in just 12 minutes the animation and music moved me to near tears. Classic Disney. I wished they'd continue making cartoons like this.


Artists I fucking hate dislike include Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga.
Sad to say, maybe I had a bad impression of Justin Bieber because I first listened to him watching MTV and I couldn't tell his gender. Seriously. Do I think he is talented? I don't know. How old is he? Too young.

As for Lady Gaga, Paparazzi was nice and Poker face was OK to say the most, but she seemed to think singing in high keys (usually falsetto) was too clean and not freaky original enough. Then she just had to make that NOXIOUS and disgusting Bad Romance. The music video is ARGHHHHH. OK sorry I was trying to recall it to describe it but I blacked out and my brained stopped me from getting traumatised (again). Mainstream is getting from bad to worse.

No comments: