Float

Float

Friday 20 August 2010

Forum

In ancient Rome there was a park like place with benches on the side and a pedestal at one end. Marble columns, potted plants, archways lined this stepped platform. A platform for the exchange of ideas.

Liken it to the speaker's corner or the wet market, the forums have always been vibrant in liberal republics with freedom of speech.

Now, on the digital plane are vast quantities of threads and discussions on internet forums.

Did you know VS has a forum?

Yup, for ages it stood, populated by the bored and the enthusiastic alike. More than that, it was like a predecessor to my blog and other blogosphere. A large plethora of tag boxes all in one place.

- A small group of usually intelligent individuals well learnt in the topic of discussion
- A central theme to any thread
- Constant updating everyday, but unlike Instant Messaging, was at different times of the day; periodically.

Everyday I posted I was hopeful. Hopeful for a well crafted reply, hopeful that more people will come and join in, but not too many that it turns into a spam box of immature students.

Though it has been long since anyone posted, I ventured in again, and read. I read what used to be my 'blog'. The place I would check everyday and replied. It was well preserved, thank god.

I realized the people who posted there before have changed, for better or worse. It saddened me, it was looking back into a time of joy and new beginnings; now it is coming to stress and an end.

I posted again. In the empty 4D thread. A monument of past exploits it shall be, much like my misadventures with Tze Yang and HWPG, where a blog still stands which I will not delete. Embarrassing or not it does not matter, I am not afraid to show my past and will never be. It was a part of me and maybe still am.

Nostalgia.

No comments: