Float

Float

Monday 23 August 2010

Some acknowledgement, please?

My father admits (after I brought it up) that my mother can be quite, err... a fucking bitch

Just the other day she scolded me and my younger brother wrongly, then did not apologize after I explained to her. She merely walked away. Did she forget? Does she have bad manners? Nope. I think its pure arrogance. Something I probably inherited (Darn!). She refuses to admit she's wrong, which my father agrees.

Am I just being angsty? Don't know. Perhaps when we were younger we were too afraid to voice out displeasures but now is different. I've mentioned in earlier posts about her erratic behaviour and result-oriented, task-efficient frenzy. I was partially saved from her wrath because I'm quite gifted in my studies...err OK that sounded really arrogant I know. However, my younger brother who isn't as good as me nor my brother is unlucky because not only must he live underneath our shadow, he has to endure my mother. Her screaming tugs my heart violently and I've protested before. I wonder how other families are like.

She gives me a lot of reedom as a result of good grades, but possibly also because she's always too busy to care. I admit I like it though. I don't know, since I was young I didn't really like my mother. She doesn't even have a good sense of humour. Definitely a DS personality. Why S? She hates change to some extent, if something doesn't go according to plan or if life takes a tumble she'll get really pissed. She has no problem displaying that. She thinks she's right all the time.

MANNNN I SOUND REALLY STEREOTYPE.

Though I ramble, I'm quite grateful still, because I know of worse off friends.

So how does this link to the title? Because besides not apologizing, she often ignores (because I doubt she's deaf) me when I elaborate on topics. I've grown used to it though. I guess I've lived so long under a cane I've emerged with a stronger character.

SHARKS I'M SUPER ARROGANT.

Woohoo learning from fellow bloggers.

Sorry for the long post... Anyway, my father thinks that if I don't like my mom's attitude I should give it to her straight. I told him I'd blog instead.. AHEM

So he decided to tell her himself.

Using MY RAD SKILLZ my knowledge of inferences...

My mother was obviously skirting away from the topic. Instead of being open to feedback, she mocked my statement as one of teenage angst in a superior tone. She goes on to say its quite typical of me to be like this, and brings in my elder brother, saying he probably had this attitude when he was a teenager too but just didn't have a blog. She laughs off my comments as spoilt rants. Later on she found me again and teases me further by sarcastically admitting her faults.

I know she has her good points though. She does frequently give out compliments (if it suits her) and some helpful advice. She's frugal but not thrifty, so it's save costs but if the benefits outweigh the price, go ahead and buy. She rewards for work and works for reward (e.g. buying a Wii for getting top in class O.o) On that note though, I don't ask for much, in fact I didn't want a freaking Wii, but she often insists and disregards my opinion subtly; by arguing against it until I decide to just give up rebutting.

But

My mother treats human beings as simple, governed by typical rules and stereotypes.
She enjoys laughing at her own children for 'confirming' this perception.
She never admits faul; she either justifies them or plainly believes that she is always right.
She gets things done by shouting at people. She cannot tolerate her children giving more than 50 cents to charity.
She mocks her children's environmental actions as naive and pathetic.
She attempts to listen to her children but forgets whatever they say after a while or ignore it if it doesn't interest her.
Louzy broadband connection? Call and shout at customer service. Extra $2 on cable bill? Call and shout at customer service. Slow or uneducated (in english) waiter? Never a patron for that restaraunt again, oh and a talk with the manager on the side.
Get an A for Art? Will it affect your final score? No? Then good job son but your other subjects are dreadful. *Snarls*
Make a single mistake after redoing a piece of homework once and you can expect a shouting match that will end in her winning or her leaving... or cane whipping.
I have a lovely mom.

The only thing I truly dislike about this song is the frantic shouting part. Other than that I think its OK.

No comments: