Float

Float

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Blogger's Responsibility

So today Mrs Lim told us to beware of what we post online, more warning shots fired.
Sigh. A grave paradox that we cannot be who we are yet we have to be honest to the scholarship board. It is unfortunate that there is a disconnect between image and personality.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Meg is an admirable Principle. He articulates well, and better yet, he actually values character in an academically-intensive school. He reminds me of Mr Low. Jia Lok reminded me of the difference though. While Mr Meg upholds realism in a sense that he emphasizes that the dishonourable students in my school are a minority (though I'm not entirely sure), and hence will not deface the school openly. But Mr Low, is convicted to ideals and even once reprimanded students even in front of a panel of foreign exchange students.

Even though I'm pretty idealistic, I am heavily in doubt that the school will change unless more is done, firstly, with the student leaders. I know a handful of councilors for example, that actually skip class and commitments. How do you expect the rank-and-file to uphold integrity when they easily succumb to the convenient excuse of 'councilors are doing it'?

----------------------------------------------------------------

I am starting to avoid words altogether because of my distaste for unsophistication and ubiquity.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I talked to a downtrodden friend today for roughly 3 hours. It was nice.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Friendships are always formed on common grounds. A mutual friend maybe, a particular interest in dead skin not implausible. Or it could be quite literally common grounds; your neighbour. I held the door into the condo open for a TKGS student who lives next door but for the longest time remained nameless in my head. Its these sort of actions that can open up a person. So in the lift I asked for her name, and therefore I have gained a new friend named Elizabeth :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Harmony | Asymmetrical Balance | New York City

No comments: