Float

Float

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Re-collective blogging

Some time ago I decided I didn't want to blog by recounting the events of the past few days in detail.
Why?

You know that feeling you get when you read about past friend's blogs or their facebook and you feel you don't know them anymore? 

And some people just read your blog to read about themselves haha. So they might just skip to the part about them or something heh.

Lastly, its really exhausting and if you faithfully blog about every single day despite the mundanity, you might just lose the kind of intimacy your blog can express about someone.

But I guess everyone leads their own lives and its just impossible to be that sort of 'best friend' you see on American school series. In a way, if a friend really is a good friend, he/she will take the time to read about your lives anyway, and not feel disconnect. As Jia Lok said, there are two kinds of good friends. One who will talk to you basically everyday about random stuff and hang with you in class, etc. The other, who might be the evolution of the first, the one who can't see you everyday anymore, but when you meet up and talk, you just talk. Forever :) Woo Rifdi I'm always listening!! :D

And I guess its OK if you don't the whole thing anyway (who has the time?). So maybe I'll try it out! (Haha actually its cause I just read someone's blog and I was touched she mentioned me :x)

And of course, if its not on your blog, its almost as if you didn't really care much about it, ya know? I guess its a little selfish to keep all these thoughts to yourself. Arrr I'm not really thinking straight right now, my speech is getting ineligible. Watching NDP parade right now. :>

From my Junior! "The irony of us singing how much we love Singapore when the rest of the 364 days we're complaining about our country."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday
I only knew about the scholarship day when it disrupted photog activities. As you can see, I care a lot about my future. Ma'am Poh asked me to accompany her again and was determined not to be super pang seh this time. Instead, someone else did the pang seh-ing (if you happen to be reading, I read your blog, its OK the almighty chairman forgives you haha joking joking :x) I met my classmate soon after anyway.   Not sure I'm looking at MFA now that I know the competition...
Requiem! Excite excite! Only 5 people! Dislike dislike!

As a young boy it was difficult to sympathize. Watching war flicks and dramas garnered little emotion from me. I tried though. I listened to the stories, and imagined myself in those scenarios. This technique I had to master even more during MPS. So now perhaps I've grown a little more connected. War is truly atrocious. I didn't really understand the importance of photography perhaps only up till now, especially when Shirlene the guide shared about how war veterans visiting the roaming exhibition across the world would share stories and sometimes even spot themselves in the pictures. Really think more people, especially from a generation of peace, needs to see this.

Lunch with Yi Feng and Clare. Great to meet more history fans!! :D I guess I'm not the most well-read but I still love the subject heh. I recall my first encounter with history proper was playing Age of Mythology, used to imagine having a simple life staying on an Olive Farm in Ancient Greece. 

Anyway, to a friend. We've only known each other for so long. I didn't really know what to say heh. Quite honestly coming from a boy's school, I'm a little shyer talking htht with a girl than I might reveal. (but I've been told I'm pretty good at it anyway heh) But I really hope you can get back up and not be afraid of your past or your emotions. I think I understand how you feel, and believe me when I say its worse for a guy to cry and I have. So sorry if I didn't give you advise you were looking for but no matter what I'll always have ears to listen and eyes which prefer a smile anytime OK? :) Haha, but anyway from reading your blog can tell you already have such good friends, always treasure them :)

Had lunch with my family eating Spanish in Vivo. My food photography really sucks :( Going for dinners and eating nice food is probably the only way my family bonds. A little concerned for my younger brother because I know he'll feel lonely when my parents and me and my elder bro start talking about 'adult' stuff. I'm already a little tired writing but must 持之以恒. My mom used to try and get me to drink a little but I always refused, so she stopped. My elder brother drinks... a lot.


------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday
Church in the morning and it happened to be the 25th anniversary of FCBC. Haven't really grown much in the church, more by myself. I guess besides the sermons, I'm not that attached to the church yet. Really liked the junior pastor talking about how we've built four walls around the church when a church is the people, and we should be, as always, more like Jesus, getting up, getting out. So far have been a little subdued in my faith, yet if I want to grow closer, I must somehow, separate myself from humanity because unfortunately, humans fall so short. Reminds me of that episode in Avatar, the last Airbender when Aang had to choose to give up his connection to earth in order to use the Avatar mode freely. Sigh... and in a way I feel in the same position as Aang... whatever is chaining me here I mean.

After that I had to work on PW with Joshua and gang. Bought them KOI because they all deserve something for their past work and to motivate them a little I guess. Was productive at first because I found something for everyone to do but got difficult of course ending with 3 people playing and 2 people doing slow work. I think its OK because its rather difficult to work all day on a Sunday afternoon.

Dinner with the residents of Pasir-Ris Punggol that culminated in the most spectacular fireworks I have ever seen in my life. However due to my abysmal photog skills I didn't get any good fireworks shots.  Shaun/Shawn from HCI slapped me in the face with the comment 'Science students are so boring'. Didn't know how to respond but kind of made me dazed the whole dinner.



The night didn't end after talking with Joy on the train. Reached home just in time to receive more PW work and Joshua giving me another slap in the face with his 'Sam and I think the whole chapter 3 is wrongly done'. (I finished that chapter)... explains my earlier post. But besides that I think some people take professionalism so seriously it actually degrades the quality of work. Kind of difficult to talk about non-PW related stuff to Joshua in that way, but I guess I understand why they try to be serious. Just that I feel some may forget we are friends sometimes, not just project-mates. Really glad I had someone to talk to throughout the night that didn't seemed pissed at me. Heh.

------------------------------------------------------------

Monday
Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play I had to wake up early despite the 3am madness the day before. So it was by some weird homeostasis that my body reacted to sleepiness with an overdose of highness heh. Unfortunately my class didn't react the same way sigh. Its alright though... let's just be patient. 

After Blum'z house (which I don't have much to say quite frankly), talked to Jeremy, Jia Lok, Zhe Yuan and Yong Xien about different things... don't think I have time to blog about and went to RGS for the first time with Rifdi, Yong Jia and Justin to watch our mutual friend Ash (and my new mutual friend Min Yan!) do the opening act! The overall the concert was stellar anyway :) Too bad didn't get a chance to properly explore RGS heh. Dam Rifdi is so easy to talk to and the VS guys (and RG girls) really appreciate the highness and spontaneity! Love the candidness of the RG girls and how they're so supportive of each other heh.



That was. A mouthful/handful. I don't think I'll ever have time to blog like that in a while.

No comments: