Float

Float

Thursday 18 August 2011

The Idealist in Singapore

Aren't ideals meant to be strong? Isn't that why they are ideals? Because they shine as a beacon amongst the stormiest of weathers. Yet over and over again, this lighthouse of morals and courage comes under the rapid fire of lightning for being the tallest of concepts. And it is torn down.

Why is it that children; optimistic, brave, albeit a little naïve, have to come under siege from the poor, lazy cynicism of adults? The empty shells of human existence and cold realist who have stopped caring about their community. Weariness overpowers all, to the point that those who press on are considered childish.

Hence I am repeatedly told to quit the conviction. Defiance shouldn't be the answer, yet I relent over and over again. My perspective and views, my assumptions, my pure hopeful optimism, is the last lighthouse left.

So should one give up, after all?
I still keep this at the back of my notebook.
Never forget who you are
Why have I become so Philosophical again

No comments: