Float

Float

Sunday 3 July 2011

Gregarious

Kwang Ik said being yourself is overrated.

I agree that it is overrated, though maybe I still think its important.

So why have I become a social monster? Why do I desperately need to text when I'm lonely and at home? Why do I feel like every moment is a wasted second of socializing and networking? WHY DO I KEEP THINKING OF HER?

So I adapted. Someone has to move to build a bridge, I sacrificed a little of myself to build it with other people, because ultimately everyone I find, is great and are children of god :)

But where do you stop? How can you stop? Once you're in, how do you tell people, "look actually I'm not really like that."? How can you pry away from the addiction of popularity (if you will)?

Logically speaking, if you be yourself and find friends that accept you as a result, indeed, you'll be more happy. But not everyone's personality is ... ya know. And everyone wants friends.

So do you adapt or be yourself? You can't really do both, can you?

She sounds so much like me back then, should I go back? Should I act differently for her? Is it effort or is it insecurity and obsession? Should you wait your whole life for someone, or go out and find the person? Why does one need dating experience if she/he is supposed to act naturally?

Depressing news: My mom says she has many friends who turn out single their whole lives.
More depressing news: My mom probably married my dad cause he bought a nice house.
Conclusion: My family can give no good advice on this.
Suggested course of action: Screw this deep shit and sing!
Also: Know in my heart that God has a plan, so trust him and hence yourself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

True, she is pretty mean actually. Hopeless romantic I am.

No comments: