Float

Float

Friday 1 July 2011

One of those days

You know sometimes the text accompanying either the picture or the music at the bottom can be considered 'private facebook' posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I could predict it.

It's inevitable after every exam. The quiet of celebration in school. When the exam finishes there will be a whole bunch of people who go out and have fun, deservingly I would say, and another bunch that goes straight home. And then, there's me.

Post(Exam)-Mortem <-- wooo coined a new term.

I knew it as soon as I realized
1. Deborah doesn't take Chinese
2. Joshua will be out having lunch after
3. I don't regularly meet the other Easterners I know/am relatively close to

Hence what I can imagine is Kwang Ik's ride home alone. Listening to music, reflecting a little, wondering what in the world the rest are up to. And then nasty thoughts will come, 'having a life, unlike me'. So my mind, unsatisfied, tends to hang around school with my body. There will always be procrastination on my part to head home. I'll talk to every friend, eat till I'm full, drink till I'm quenched, read Time & Economist. New strategy: Texting. And then I know I have to go home, and it will be sombre.

I will let the sun scatter on my face, I'll let the music pervade in my ears, I'll let the mood wash over me.

Not that I'm sad. No... just. Calm. Maybe a little lonesome. I remember one of the best things I had in VS, was that I'd always find a friend after school, or teacher, even staying in the canteen in itself, was relaxing, was deep.

Maybe I'm being a little melodramatic after visiting someone's tumblr. (hehe). Its just an observation. Plus the exams always come before a holiday, so this post(exam)-mortem will be short.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sighz. Yi Hui, please don't smile when told to 'act punk'.

No comments: