Float

Float

Sunday 20 December 2009

The endless activities

Jack of all trades, master of none. I personally think that best describes me. I have been told many times that I can't do everything so prioritize and drop something. I agree but it's probably too late for me. If I had known any better, I may have not taken up so many things in my lower secondary school life. Back then, I was so free I didn't mind all the extra stuff I had to do. Not now. After helping out so much in Choir, Media Club, Scrabble and going the extra mile in studies, the results could be for good or bad. It seems all of these activities want me to strive and excel in them, but I'm at my limit. I just can't do it all and have fun and relax for even a minute. I'm still a teenager, I'm not even getting paid for all this "charity work". I hope it will pay off in the long run though.

"Just drop something and concentrate on others!" Unfortunately, I'm in so deep that I care too much if i just miss out on one of them, I have this cursed and blessed nature of wanting to be a part of everything. I've already had to make some hard decisions. Firstly, I think I'm going to drop Scrabble next year. (You see what I just did? I THINK...) I just can't bear to drop any of them... I care about all my CCAs and my studies. My friends and teachers are not helping either. Whenever I ask them if I should drop something or that I'm going to quit, say for example, scrabble, they are probably going to try and persuade me to stay. Maybe I'm being boastful but they may be depending on me to be there for everything. Exactly how I felt in primary 5 during the Robotics Competition where I was the only student programmer on the team... I got so frustrated and stressed I quit right before the competition. Sigh... I really don't know what to do. It's so unfair that my teachers and students encourage me to take up these CCAs and challenges and now some of them encourage me to drop if I'm feeling stressed. But I can't because I care about each and everyone of them.

"Do your best in all of em!" -_-" Are you that lame? I want that, but as a teenager I also succumb to things like video games and whatnot... I'll be too distracted and stress to handle all the responsibility... Why did I bring this topic up today? Because I just made a decision not to sing a certain song in choir because I'm too busy to learn it and I'm not interested in emo japanese songs either. Besides, I wanted to sing the song in the first place for the wrong reasons (e.g. peer pressure) not because I liked it. It still gives me a bit of a headache though. I'm still very uncertain about my decision. It's like a decision to pon training or something for your own benefit and fun, since if I try hard enough I can probably accomplish is but I won't have any time to play. It's for the best though, I'd rather give up now then later and let my whole team down like in primary 5.

No comments: