Float

Float

Monday 28 December 2009

Fun times almost over

Today was a fun day =D. Woke up early to go have breakfast with my dad and went to school for media club stuff. YOUR YEARBOOK VICTORIANS. But I'll admit I think it's better than shelving books to me, that's just boring slave labour. This ACTUALLY teaches you some skills about designing stuff ya know?

Ok I hope a certain toy zapping eccentric yak asking nothing good doesn't read this next bit. I went to parkway afterthat with bros to meet choir peeps JP, sperm, Manutdaredampro and Iskiprope1000timesaday guy. Had lunch and came my house after that for monopoly, mariokart, wiisports, halo3 and fifa10. I'll cut the crap and skip to Sherlock Holmes.

I must say, although the ratings weren't good, the movie did strike me as proffessionally well done. The camera wasn't crappy, the plot was well planned, was very original although abit Da Vinci Code-ish, had a proper, suiting the setting soundtrack and proper acting. Compared to New Moon, with so many cheesy lines and crappy scenes, Sherlock Holmes stands out as a witty action movie that suits me. It didn't suit sperm much, he couldn't catch anything. So If you don't like movies like Da Vinci Code or Angels and Demons, don't watch.

I just read wikipedia on sherlock holmes, and to my pleasant surprise, the movie is doing a lot of justice to the real character. Those cartoons of him looking like a wimp in some chequered shirt are inaccurate, because he actually is good at bare-knuckled fighting and martial arts, which just makes me respect and like the character and the movie even more.

The plot was unnaturally good for a this kind of movie, although a hiccup is during the revelation by sherlock, the theories and all that are far fetched and not really meant to be solved by the audience, although I would say the clues are put fairly well together. I especially like the fact that its not just good vs evil but there's also a third party which is uncommon for action movies. The third party adds depth to the story, more mystery, an interesting angle and originality to the plot. Well Done to the producers of the movie. If you'd ask me to rate, I'd say 4/5 stars.

How sad the holidays are starting to pick up but coming to an end. I got to say that without certain photosynthesising friends around, I'm doing better socially haha. Just makes me dread him more.

Sorry no comic today =( didn't mean it to be an everyday thing anyway. If I do upload though, it need not be comics K?

No comments: