Float

Float

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Just another double post for mood swings and epiphanies

You know when people say they're praying for you? I don't know what to feel. Heartened? I guess. Feels awkward. I just don't like receiving help all that much, especially if its secret. Like if you gave me a handicap during a game without telling me and I thought I actually had standard in that game... Bah.

But I have no qualms about giving to others (contradiction much!) if its a little inconvenience for me. (If it was like some life-changing thing or maybe some very difficult task of course I'll have to consider) I don't exactly like praying for stuff, even if I was a full-blown theist, I find it discomforting to ask for stuff (reasonable) and get it... what have I done to earn it? Ya know? Feels as if, (although its a 'slippery slope' logical fallacy) I might become lazy and just ask for stuff, instead of working for it. But I guess if its for someone else...

I don't know what made me do it, I just, felt like it. Seeing decent (more than that) people struggling (with their PI)... I just felt, a bit helpless, a bit guilty, a bit sorrowful. So I pray for you Jia Lok, no matter if I'm a 'full' theist (in this case, Christian) or not. Because he might just be a friend worth converting for.

No comments: