Float

Float

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Raindrops and Shoebags

This is practically a no-no for 'The Secret' fans, but today was a pretty bad day, as predicted yesterday.
Also, the first part of this post, is heavy ranting.

There are just days like that. When you wake up badly (sinus acted up), not to mention late. Then from there you start getting a little moody the whole day. For starters PE wasn't really fun, nor was I of much use to my team (Kaushik, Bryan, Jun Leong, Benedict). All fantastic sportsmen. I just ran all over the place and slipping and sliding through the mud (another omen). I brought my second pair of shoes for nothing, having played Ultimate Frisbee barefoot.

Though it may not have seemed much, I discovered I have started to lose my grip on current issues when Yan Mei asked me to tell her about the news, was a let down for me... GP has been one of my only trademarks left in RI...

Then it was lecture time, and I was phasing in and out of sleep all the time, having attempted a no-coffee lecture, so when Jeremy quizzed me, my response was less than stellar and even a bit cranky. GP followed (YAY!) and I enjoyed a fresh breath of uncanny Kwang Ik insight, coupled with some spicy Zhe Yuan cynicism and totally unresponsive Glenn...

Chinese. Oh god... the same old tricks, with a twist. Now the less attentive students were made to sit in front, but nearly nothing changed, particularly two of my classmates. Doing physics right in front of her face, daring to jest that not allowing them to finish will garner them a white slip from my physics teacher. Reminds me of the day before, where another classmate shouted 'yes!' to a rhetorical question from a pissed off lecturer... At least now, I've changed my tact from harbouring nasty thoughts that border on violent stabbing of certain classmates :x to OPEN nasty thoughts that border on violent stabbing xD I guess its easier to let loose when you really let loose, and joke a little.

After school, I got notes for my GP teacher (hmm have I become her errand boy? xD), apparently the photocopying machine was spoiled, so after I collect my passport at ICA, I would have to go home, or photocopy elsewhere. The heavy rain with lightning meant the former was (NON-APPLICABLE). Throughout the adventures around Lavender and Marine Parade, I realized how annoying carrying a shoebag was. I actually like carrying extra stuff, makes me feel like I have a more balanced center of gravity lol. But not while fiddling with my mp3 player and passports and The Economist.

Spent two hours under minimal shelter, getting constantly sprayed by rain trying to contact my home so that someone can get me an umbrella. Alas, there was a blackout (say goodbye to house phone), my maid was showering (say farewell to handphone), and my younger brother's phone number on my phone was wrong (speaks for itself). I apparently did not know my father came home to fix the blackout, and he could have drove over to get me +_+

When I got home. I just konked out, and when you wake up from that sort of post-exhaustion sleep, you really get very existential and philosophical about life - concluding another day in post-VS Li Keen's life... I wonder if there is such thing as a 'best friend', I never talk to my parents that deeply, and all my current friends are busy all the time... I wonder if this is how patients diagnosed with depression start out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As an apology to rambling, I give you three pics from the shortlisted pics I was choosing to use for the photog exco interview that you probably have not seen before.

The first was the only picture not taken with a DSLR but by my old Canon Compact which is unfortunately beyond repair (and warranty). FYI, the building is the VS hostel. You really have to walk and see the world to discover visual secrets photographic gems like that.

The second was shot on a moving bus along the highways skirting around Lake Geneva (which is larger than the island of Singapore xD) in Switzerland. The motion blur from the fence was cropped out, explaining the long-ish proportions.

The third, is a simple butterfly found at MacRitchie. Nothing special really. Which is exactly why I took a picture of it.



No comments: