Float

Float

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Paradoxical leadership

Do you notice the burden the most important leaders in a group tend to bear? 

Like after SYF 2011 this year, (WOO VS CHOIR GWH) I observed that the three heads (the chair, vice-chair and student conductor) were less happy than the rest. I think to them, having worried so much, having pushed so hard, its just, hard to feel happy, but instead relieved, that you've done a good job at least, that you've fulfilled your responsibility.

Well in all honesty, I am shocked and scared at my exco results.
You could imagine my expectations to be of a speck of dust, and the results to be erm... MOUNT EVEREST. 

I'm the RPS Chairperson.

When people tell me that, when people congratulate me for it, when I just think about it at home, instead of a dose of dopamine, I get an unpleasant lurch. A reminder of how much work I have to do, of how much I want to do, of how crazy my life may just have begun. I've never been in such a position before. The closest was Section Leader, and let's be honest, its often more of a follow basic instructions, add a bit of your spunk and personality, and you're good to eat go for that kind of position. When you're well, this is going to sound horribly arrogant (at least to me), kind of in the most important position, the person who may well have to decide on a lot of things knowing you'll be knocked down if you don't, knowing people will remember you as a loser if you don't... its well... lets put it this way. 

DAMN HELL STRESS ZOMG.

BUT OH WELLZ. I guess I can count on such a great the bestest, awesomest team in town. So even with all this stress and self-doubt... we've got only one option left: just do it. Exactly how I confronted my 2.4km, by the motto screw it just run

Hope to achieve the following:
1. A great farewell for the seniors!
2. Re-read my Nikon D90 Manual!
3. Get a prime lens, 50mm 1.4 or something :x for better night shots without a tripod
4. Improve my mad skillz my competence in the art of photography... DRASTICALLY.
5. SOMEHOW get everyone in the CCA closer :D
6. Erm erm erm... NEED TO DISCUSS MORE FIRST haha xD

--------------------------------------------------------------

CLICHE ONE: HOPELESS SUNET FANATIC
 CLICHE TWO: FORGIVE ME I WAS ON A MOVING BUS
 CLICHE 3 WITH A TWIST



No comments: