Float

Float

Friday 17 June 2011

The unfinished - sadness kicking in

Day One
Arrival at New York City

First impressions always count. NYC’s gave me this first impression: Omg what kind of unexplored part of Singapore is this?! Arrival at the airport was, unimpressive. I mean, JFK airport, is slightly run down, with a dearth of aesthetic appeal, and a semi-slow immigration process. The computer broke down taking Benedict’s face :P Getting out of the airport, and the weather was exactly like Singapore. The difference I guess amounted to NYC’s people. Strong American accents, despite the diversity of races strikingly similar to Singapore, one thing I truly wished Singapore had were a more open and friendly population. Every service industry employee greeted me and asked how was my day, albeit under orders, which still was a fresh thing. I remember the rare but enjoyable instances in Singapore when I had conversations with strangers and taxi drivers, and you realize maybe we’re not so different, and I shouldn’t be that cynical. Of course, hanging around the supposedly best and brightest and being thoroughly disappointed is still very much disheartening.

OMG I SOUND DAM BORING WTS.

Actually the other purpose of doing this tedious recap is so I can complete my reflection for the trip. So I’ll just throw in a few uncompleted posts I had written due to the constant mood swinging.

I'm writing this on textedit.

On the bus from Chinatown DC to our hotel in DC.

Short and fragmented sentences that if you notice, more often than not represent a blogger's mood, his sentence structure I mean.

I wrote the above 3 paragraphs a few days ago and didn't have enough time to finish it.

Maybe these aren't even mood swings, but the security balance, the check that ensures I always remain that much less scummy at least.
Another mood swing post begins.

I'm dam vain. <--- Told Yi Hui I'll start the post (kind of) like this. I knew it slowly as I roomed with Yong Xien and Ben, and hanged a lot with Yi Hui & Deborah, Sheng Jie & Tian Zhao.

^Wrote that part last night. Don't really have time to post. Right now on the bus from Washington/Maryland to the state of Pennsylvania. ARGH DEBORAH GO TO SLEEP NOW SO I CAN HAVES SOME PRIVACY POSTING. Kthxbye :D

Why do I say I'm dam vain? When I was younger I saw my daddy cry always thought that I had to discipline myself. Mental conditioning if you will. I saw how men and women alike took so much time to make themselves up it was sickening, but that might be because I thought it wasn't any fun, and the fact that I am usually insecure, so making myself up made me even more fearful of being judged. I'm not making any sense. Perhaps its because many posts cannot be left and continued. They are typed in the spur of the moment, and right now I'm feeling the aftermath of another kind of feeling that has to do with the capitalized text above. Hehe. Well played hiding it if I do say so myself.

So in fact, perhaps all my mood swings on this trip, are just due to that one crucial factor. That she's on this trip. 


Perhaps you’ve read on my earlier post that I said on this trip the students are polarized as well. And perhaps the big problem with having one loud, crazy group is that when a good soul tries to make friends in both groups, the quiet group will constantly be under pressure to perform, or do loud, fun stuff, and it only makes things worse. If only Benedict could read this. In fact I feel only now that Yong Xien has been a much better roommate to have. You don’t really know what Ben’s thing is. One moment he’s our lovely roommate, the next he’s chasing a girl. Yong Xien is always true to himself, and his quirkiness only serves to brighten my day. I’ve discovered that perhaps, honest people don’t need to be truthful all the time, just consistent. I admire these sort of people, and IMO, the PAP has this trait.

Argh. Those are the kind of posts I love to write about. Alas, REFLECTION.

--------------------------------------------------

I sing for three reasons

1. because I love to
2. to make someone smile
3, to distract stupid thoughts such as going close to someone and kissing her

 Entirely copied from Microsoft Word

-----------------------------------------------

A bit too happy :( I'm dam sad now its over

No comments: