Float

Float

Thursday 21 January 2010

Taking a leaf out of someone's book

I was always and am a copying machine. But maybe I'm just unique in that I'm a mesh of everyone else. Everyone special.  Everyone who matters to me. In fact before I restarted this blog I took a good look at my friends' blogs. At first this characteristic of mine was instinctive and natural. I didn't control it at all. Even now I can't help but copy even in the slightest bit. What I can control is my ability to 'replay' some of these copies. Like how some of my friends still think I act like our glorious yearbook leader, especially around him. Nowadays my natural tone and voice is a mesh of several people. People whom know me well should understand what I mean. Like when I tell certain types of jokes I use our glorious yearbook leader's voice and actions or that John Loh's. But it doesn't mean I just copy my good friends. Whom I copy are probably a subset. Some people do influence me but I do not copy them because their sometimes hard to copy, or I 'disagree' with their voice or action. Haha. I've been talking a lot of confusing shyt. Basically, I copy voice, tone, actions, style, personalities generally better than other people, according to my friends.

It isn't a bad thing. It's good. It means I learn and absorb things that I think are good. Its not being unoriginal, it's being smart. I don't idolize anyone person, I analyze different things and take the pros but not the cons. Haha, sounds like VAT. And it probably is. Anyone certain people's blog posts have some cheem cheem poem behind that I actually don't really like. But I'll try it for my own entertainment.

There is a glint of envy in my eyes
That I cannot deny to people
All around me.

But my pride is above that,
It will rise above jealousy
And turn it into strength.

Thank X for helping me realize that. I constantly tell myself now, slow down Li Keen.

No comments: