Float

Float

Saturday 9 January 2010

Intelligence and arrogance

I'm pretty arrogant. When it doesn't show, it's always in my head, making me stereotype people. It's getting worse though I've tried to remedy it. It's not that I overestimate my own intellect, I'm just underestimating others, I suppose. People who suan me or think I'm some goody two shoes. They push me to brand them as idiots. Some part of me tells me what I'm doing is wrong, but there will always be a part that tells me they are truly idiots, wouldn't you agree?

Some people don't care about their future you know? I can't do that, it's not in my nature, especially having parents with successful lives. Even my elder brother is own his way, with a few scholarships to choose from, a good career and position in the NS, attaining 3As and 3Bs in A levels. "If you think too much about the future you will forget your living in the present." Yah yah, HSM 2 freak. Anyways, I'm not forgetting about living in the present thank you very much. I do go out and play, live life, try new things, new foods, new sports. 'O' Level year now though, and it will be hard to do all of the above.

Something totally unrelated...I wish people would start playing more intellectually based games with me. Strategy games, board games, etc. All those FPS or RPG shit, they don't need much thinking, just skill and time. I know I have a friend out there willing to do these kinds of things, and I really appreciate it. I always have this fear that when I play board games or strategy games with my other friends, they will get bored and want to play stuff like Fifa 09 or Halo 3. People think board games are long, tedious and are for bored people. They think their lame, for family, uncool. I don't think so, I think it requires thinking, smarts, strategy. Almost no one plays it thought, and I'm pretty disheartened. Even real time strategy games on the computer like age of empires and age of mythology don't get a lot of attention. People buy warcraft for dota and not the real thing.

I'm also seeing this link between Geography and History students. I sometimes always find that I get along better with history students than geography students. Plus history students also tend to play these kind of intellectual games like age of mythology and empires. They tend to be interested in plot, story, history of games. Maybe its cause most history students are in 4D 4H? Don't know. But even they do not play board games, though people will play chess, which is heartening. One day I hope, people will just grow up and stop thinking about whats cool and not cool, cause they don't matter to me.

It's going to posting at these kind of times, since school's started and its 'O' level year.

No comments: