Float

Float

Sunday 10 January 2010

Watching from the sidelines

My younger brother and mother were shouting at each other again. It's weird you know, it's like my younger brother's got accelerated adolescence. His acting more rebellious than me nowadays. What went wrong with him? Can tell you its not just societie's speed warp into the age of the internet, where from young, kids like my bro start playing Xbox instead of lego, Runescape instead of toy soldiers. It's my parent's inability to move along, too stubborn to adapt and hone their parenting skills to match that of the new millenium, where "tried and true" doesn't always work. Still caning, still enforcing, not bothering to learn more. As in really learn more...my mother boasts to ME that she knows how use all these "hip stuff" like MSN better than my dad. She is no better though, my dad knows about this new age, he doesn't do all the shouting that my mother does, but I get the feeling his more in tune to the new age than my mum is. She doesn't even realize I'm writing a blog right now. Wish I could tell her straight on how to parent properly, but I could be wrong too, plus I was born before the new millenium, when I was caned for not practicing the piano, so I'm a little scared too <----Li Keen's a coward.

Meanwhile, my brother doesn't have to learn piano anymore because my mother thinks she was too hard on me. Maybe she's not sticking to the really "tried and true" method, I don't know. I just have a hunch she is. You want to change your ways? Sometimes you just got to go all out to change it, not step but step. Sometimes approaches to solutions don't work together well, you have to choose one. I'm contradicting myself now. Or maybe I'm tackling different views on the problem. It's not up to me to choose for you reader.

Haiz, I'm getting pretty sick of all the yapping. Especially since it always happens at night, when everyone's cranky, including me. I just want to get some dang sleep for tommorow's test and not even closing the door can block out the screaming. The problem is that the shouting isn't continous, if it was my mind would adapt just like how it partially shuts down when we blink <---cool learnt from bio txtbk. So I wouldn't hear a thing and can sleep soundly, nope, it has to be random fluctuations in my mother's tone for dramatic effect. Haha. Time to get 8 hours, byebye. See you in a week?

Preventive measures against texty blogs, enjoy. Yeah I know my photography is improving =D. Camera got wet though. (Yuck! fish slime!)

No comments: