Float

Float

Sunday 17 January 2010

Burnt out

Only two weeks into school and I'm running out of gas. Even after refuelling during weekend, my 2009 end of year reserve diesel in the trunk is already being used. Can I make it down the 9 month road to the examination hall? My consumption is higher than my production much like a command economy, and there are signs that my engine if being overworked. For the past few days I've had some sickness which I can't tell what it is because of the doctor's handwriting. I don't even know if I'm cured or not. Bloody irritating sickness. I don't know what to do with all the stress and not enough unwinding, I wish I had more time to rest this weekend. Its not enough. I have two options, stay like that till I burn out, or increase the effiency of my work, which I don't know how. How do the scholars do it? Its one of those times where I skulk under the unfairness of Eugenics.

Everyone's counting on me to cash in the A1s. But I just can't, how can the school expect me to? Its not like 我的花文和美术突然能出人头地。If I'm burning out now, what will happen during YOG, should I perform at all? I wish I had someone to talk to about this kind of thing, someone who really understands how I feel right now. I remember I burnt out last year because I stayed back every night for night study, then during the end of year exams I just keep playing Age of Empires III. Every year I have the same problem of not putting in all my effort for Major Examinations. I never peak at those moments, I just keep displaying consistent work while my peers shoot up all around me. That might happen if I burn out just before the O levels...How in hell did Jon Teo get 6 A1s and 2 A2s...argh, why everyone so bloody smart.

Single? Double. Stupid McDonalds.

No comments: