Float

Float

Thursday 7 April 2011

Deliberation

I always wonder, at the end of the day, how much do others reflect, and just plain think. Maybe its because they're happy with their life, and hence don't really think too much, maybe they're too happy. So happy they don't ask for more of themselves, constant improvement, and giving back too...

Three heavy topics plagued my mind today, and perhaps after it all I became so tired (plus gym in the morning) that I fell asleep from 6pm... till err. Now. Heh. :P

Societal Behaviour
Future
Religion (Next Post)

Firstly, my behaviour. I-C. I'm quite aware that relying on this method of profiling is not exactly accurate nor healthy (humans are just, too freaking complex), but actually I'm using it as a simplified tool to articulate what I'm thinking. Fundamentally, its whether I want to shy from the public or not. Ultimately, I concluded that the period of putting yourself out there, making tons of friends, observing new culture, etc. is OVER. Time to get serious, get work done, and stop worrying about keeping friends, stuff like that, unless I have time. I really really appreciate the speakers for coming, they are awesome, inspiring, and original. 

Secondly, my future. Somehow after the talks for career day today, I find myself, much more ponderous about whether I really should have chosen Science Stream. I gave myself a pat on the back, saying ultimately, its OK, school is not going to decide on your entire future unless you make it so. Society is nice enough to give you more chances later, and the fact that you can jump from PCME to a degree in Politics for example, is reassuring, because if you truly love something, it will manifest in hard work and catching up with the people who had epiphanies in P6 to become LKY-wannabes or something haha. From what I gathered, I discovered things. 

One, I really find Journalism appealing, and its time to take serious consideration in this area, instead of going all conservative and only considering banker, lawyer, doctor, engineer, etc. Which means, A. Extreme undivided attention to my writing skills and GP in general. And B. Research on the SPH scholarship and universities. 

Two, I also find the Maritime Industry attractive. And I have absolutely no idea why. I just naturally strayed to the PSA international, Maritime One, and Navy booths. Then again, when I thought about it, it could really be something very superficial like 'my whole family is like that, its pretty cool if we're all experts, will become like some maritime family haha.' On the other hand, trade and the sea, is Singapore. And I'm pretty patriotic. (the volume of me singing the National Anthem is a good clue) 

Three, government and civil service jobs, which not surprisingly, also arouses my attention. More specifically. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), National Parks Singapore (NPS), the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA), National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), which fall under the Ministry of Education (MOE) as well. And holy crap I missed the MOE booth. DANG IT!!!!! Ah well... can't be helped. I wouldn't have traded any of my time at the other booths or the Journalism and the Arts talk. Firstly, 

Why MFA? International Policy, is one of the most interesting topics to me, and ties in with my passion for current affairs too :D Why NPS, nature. Really. Why URA? Think Sim City 4, think green spaces and think making those super cool miniature scale models :D!! Why NUS? Yale-Nus tie in, sparks my curiosity and excitement, plus ranking 29th in the world, in my eyes (IME) <---- possible new cool slang? :D, is no mean feat and definitely worth my time to help Singapore further develop its education scene. Why NTU? Because just an hour ago the Journalist Ms Jessica Tan (one of the speakers) told us many people enter SPH from NTU, and not via the SPH scholarship. Why MOE? Teaching. Duh. (Though its obvious I'm not very good at explaining stuff to people through my daily encounters with suck tasks xD)

OK no time to talk about the last heavy topic (which quite frankly, might be the heaviest of them all). Till next time I guess :D <--- shit I'm addicted to this emoticon. Used to be these =.=, >.<, +_+, xD, >.> and =D

-------------------------------------------------------------

Further cropped photo, I found the wings to be in quite an interesting position. So I thought, why not try cropping further, and make the fly look like its landing, since its a macro shot anyway. More or less, I just felt like, experimenting is really the way to go in any art form.


Hmm wait, isn't the bug pokemon good against the grass type, not the other way around?


No comments: