Float

Float

Saturday 23 April 2011

Serious

I remember back in the day when I lived by the code of happy go lucky. I don't know exactly what happened after. I became a pretty serious guy... "Golly Li Keen, like I couldn't tell from this blog eh?"

You know the time when our goal was just to complete homework and then turn on Runescape and whatnot? Short-sighted blessed days of childhood. You can tell I miss those days. You just have to look at my playlist and exclaim at the horde of game music inside. In fact I try to get quiet respite every weekend just playing a video game or two by myself. Yeah. Seems kind of nerdy eh? I'm pretty nerd anyway.

Its a label, nothing more. People gave it negative connotations of anti-social behaviour and what not. But many a times these moderate nerds grow up to be decent adults with stable jobs. At the same time, the extreme Gregorian parties his/her life away on booze, maybe drugs. Aren't they the same as extreme nerds who game themselves to death? Just soulless shells. No one should have a right to stereotype anyone and base actions on them.

I think I'm too serious for my own good. Should I loosen up? Meh. Too many things going on right now. In fact I'm still on the fence about following Brenda tomorrow. I looked up her church. I don't like mega churches. And I find it pretty odd to have illusionist and magic shows in them. I know good friends who are against them too. But don't I owe her some form of friendship? Quote Big Bang Theory, a non-optional social contract. Oh yes, I know she reads my blog. Just couldn't say this directly. Shy guy. I kind of like her... wrong reasons for going again. I will be indefinitely screwed if she sees this. So contingency plan: Its just a feeling, don't take it too seriously.
At the same time, haven't I told myself I should experience and see for myself a little more religion? I did. I'll probably go. I'm mostly reluctant because I'm afraid I'll rage again like the last time I went... I still have a lot of homework as a side arguement. Maybe I should really make a tumblr see a counsellor. Marcus, you've got the right idea. I should just PLAY MINECRAFT AND SCREW THE REST. Meh. But if I screw the rest I will not be helping. See the dilemma here? Bleargh. Jia Lok. How do you do it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More MacRitchie. Stay away on canoeist training days.


No comments: