Float

Float

Monday 11 April 2011

Wake Up!

I've been getting very little sleep - relying a lot on caffeine recently. Maybe my analogy to Yan Zhou was more relevant than I thought. RJ life is like using Mask of Madness in DOTA. (The item gives you a 20% boost in speed but makes you take 20% more damage)  RJ life gets you pumped and time flies really fast with a lot of things to do and a lot of things you really do. But you are under constant threat of taking more significant damage from stress and physical problems like lack of sleep.

Everyday has become that much harder to wake up to.

Today at GCEP class I got a kick out of all the naive, bemusing ideals that my classmates still have. Woah dam I sound completely arrogant, out of line, tactless and evil here. WELL TOO BAD ITS MY BLOG >:D Haha joking. Its quite a problem really, I do get a bit excessive when discussing topics that are my cup of tea. Argh. How to get rid of this. I think really it's just the fact that most of the world are oblivious, or more like, children, teens and even youths are. So it saddens me deeply that firstly people assume the world is fine and dandy in sunny Singapore, and that they take so long to grow up.

WAKE UP! People. The United Nations, is more fail than you think. They cannot impose their mandates, and the big countries often disagree. That's cause international law is anarchy! The fact is that all countries assert their own sovereignty, and guess what, its not in their interest to say, go intervene in Ivory Coast. Their men will die, they reap no economical benefits, their only interest is spreading influence and goodwill so that it may be reciprocated. Rational people act in self-interest, its true, its nature, and really there is nothing wrong with that. You can't blame a mosquito for say spreading dengue, I mean, does he know that family of four is already suffering financial difficulties? DOES IT CARE? Does the family acknowledge that it's abstaining from infecting them if it doesn't? Will they start buying blood for him to thrive on? HELL NO. It'll just fight to exist. And we fight it back to exist.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TO SAY THERE IS NO USE FOR GOODWILL.

I know I'm absolutely self-interest driven. But I work tirelessly towards become a more ideal person and force myself to be more altruism, accepting little to no gratitude.

But I'll never reach it.

I don't believe anyone can. Ultimately, I'm aiming to leave my legacy, and a little self-satisfaction from knowing someone benefitted from me. The point is that I try and get closer to it. By taking comfort in just a thankful smile, instead of just not caring at all. If everyone cared, if my example affects others, then I'll definitely benefit too.

Another thing: GUNS ARE POWER.
TOO BAD. There's no such thing as I'm entitled to gain ownership of this little dot on the map just because my ancestors lived here. Hell no. We still exist because we have a well-trained army that people respect and are well aware of their capabilities like when we CHIONG to Aceh in 2004 with NS men and bulldozers (to clear the debris). Why? To help Indonesia? Maybe, because then they'll be more friendly, that's good for us. Another reason? To tell the entire world: Look at this BITCHES, our armed forces are freaking TOP PERCENTAGE responsive and if you dare try and whack us, you can expect tanks instead of bulldozers.

So abolish national service? Might as well abolish Singapore. The US can send their pacific fleet of nuclear powered aircraft carriers and systematically wipe us out in under 48 hours without proper defences.

So why be diplomatic when we don't benefit? YES WE DO. Its just not as tangible. For such a small country, you'd be surprised how many people know Singapore. Our influence reaches the four corners of the globe through diplomacy and activism in the United Nations. And who knows if that starving man in Afghanistan we gave cup noodles to remembers the Red and White with the New Crescent and Five Stars, and grows up to own an empire in Afghan oil reserves... you get the point. People don't forget goodwill. If not the commoners, the government does. (Because its in their self-interest to act like grateful politicians)

I could go on. But I'll just show you more Swiss Pics!
China just received an upgrade

Those who are odd please turn right

No comments: